Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smaller French Resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Whilst looking at a map of the Tarentaise valley I noticed several small resorts marked that I hadn't noticed before, I guess most are small villages that have a couple of drag lifts, as in my link below.

My question: is there a book / guide (in English) that lists all these 'resorts'?

http://graniersavoie.free.fr/

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 27-08-08 10:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, probably not, which is just as well...... Twisted Evil But you could try

http://ski-resort-france.co.uk/map-of-french-alps.php
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, tahts a cool page to really see locations in an easy format. Is there a similar one for austria etc???
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there anything for Switzerland?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergfex is a comprehensive list of ski resorts in Switzerland / Austria / Germany & Italy.

http://www.bergfex.com/schweiz/

The alps is literally full of hidden little gems.
Go explore wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cool sites, will help me see the proximity in real terms and to plan trips.
I fancy a few smaller places to explore.

Thanks Haggis_Trap,
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, The national tourist offices will send you all sorts of brochures if you ask them. Give the main London offices a ring.

My fave diddy austrian resort is so small it's not even on the bergfex map! Sad Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, weeeeelllllllll .... whats it called
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, not the elusive resort X, is it? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Libertine, luigi, Steinach. Just under the motorway for the Brennerpass. When I was there it had 5 lifts, a night toboggan run and a really great fasching week! Lots of interesting off piste tree skiing from those 5 runs. It's also the home of Heini Messner the great olympic skier and all round nice guy. Very Happy No TOs, hardly any tourists ....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Valmorel is worth a look if the snow is good and you have the company of a local Very Happy Very Happy Excellent untracked off piste and no English LOL

Regards Mark
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

no English

Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin wrote:
Whilst looking at a map of the Tarentaise valley I noticed several small resorts marked that I hadn't noticed before, I guess most are small villages that have a couple of drag lifts, as in my link below.

My question: is there a book / guide (in English) that lists all these 'resorts'?

Got to love that piste map..

http://graniersavoie.free.fr/piste.htm

even I reckon I couldn't get lost on a hill like that..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Topsmoke wrote:
Valmorel is worth a look if the snow is good and you have the company of a local Very Happy Very Happy Excellent untracked off piste and no English LOL

Regards Mark

I'm not sure whether Valmorel can be called a "small" resort with 150km of pistes...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bertie bassett wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

Got to love that piste map..

http://graniersavoie.free.fr/piste.htm

even I reckon I couldn't get lost on a hill like that..

There are 2 or 3 others around Bourg St Maurice/Aime that are like that Laughing
I'm told that there are literally hundreds throughout the Alps Very Happy
ski holidays
so long as it is not too early or late season becuase this is near geneva and quite low down - go to La Clusaz ski region. it is a little gem of a place and not well known. will give you everything you are looking for and 45 mins from geneva airport to boot.
ski holidays
Valloire, big enough to be interesting, small enough to get to know with friendly french locals
ski holidays
Valmorel, Valloire and La Clusaz are not exactly "small". They're in the Crystal brochure, for goodness' sake! How much more mainstream can you get. The OP was thinking about the sort of place that many experienced Alp-bashers would never have heard of.
latest report
try Bernex, its small, trust me, and if you get bored you can drive around to Chatel/ Portes des Soliel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy