Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski servicing recommendations in Cambridgeshire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any recommendations for good places to get skis serviced in the Cambridgeshire area (the closer to Huntingdon the better)? Having only recently moved up here I still haven't managed to locate any ski shops in the area.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the ski exchange at dry draton ,wrights ski chalet in peterborough, there is a ski shop in cambridge as well . Cannot recomend any of these as i have never had any skis serviced with them but they have allways been pleasant and helpfull when i have been interested in buying equipment.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr Che,
Two Seasons in Cambridge center does servicing. Never tried them and they seemed expensive compared to in resort but they do it...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Drive a bit further. Go to spyderjon.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Cambridge there are two options that i am aware of. Two Seasons (Mitcham's Corner) and Ski Exchange (out on an industrial estate at Dry Drayton).

Two seasons seem to take about 10 days to do anything (and have consistently taken longer than they've said when I dropped my planks off), and they can only do a wax and edge in store. For a full service they get sent away somewhere. They've always done a reasonable job with my skis, although I now prefer to do mine myself (unless they need a grind).

I've only used Ski Exchange the one time. They seemed to do a decent job, and you got more of a feel that you they knew what they were doing.

If you're after a wax and edge either is fine. If you need a full service, then I've found the latest ski-service machines in resorts do a far better job.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used Tallington Lakes Dry Slope near Peterborough a couple of times and they are OK although they take a week. Wrights Ski Chalet has now moved and is Two Seasons (still run by the Wrights) not used them for servicing though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Dry Drayton is pretty close so looks like a good option (though of course a trip up to Spyderjon would be the ideal for a full service!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy