Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Public Enemy

Poster: A snowHead
HI, First post so go easy on me !

I'm looking to purchase a pair of K2 Public Enemys, I've read many reviews and one of the main criticisms is that they are heavy, I currently use Volkl AC1's size 168cm,

Anyone know how heavy they are?

At 5'10 , 90kg Skiing 5 weeks (pretty adventurous ) should I go for 169cm or 174cm?

your advice is appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waveslider, welcome to snowHead
The answer to your question? Dunno Toofy Grin
But there'll be loads along to help soon, no doubt Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76416 this has the weight of PE's. Maybe 3rd pic down they are in the list under "Jib Skis". I wouldn't buy PE's at all but your funeral-not sure about the weight of the AC1's but i'm sure you could give that a go for yourself to create a comparison.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
waveslider, Welcome to SnowHeads. 169cm would be too short for you I think. I have got the K2 MissDemeanors, which is the ladies equivalent. They are a bit heavy but they are a great ski. Only a problem if you have to carry them a long distance, and I don't.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're lightish for a ski ski as there's no metal in 'em, but heaviyish for a jib ski, though that's no help at all I imagine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
waveslider, Welcome to snowHead I have a pair of the above as a second ski at the moment use them for general faffing around and when the snow is bad and I dont want to damage my fav skis. My stats would not be a million miles of yours and I am on 169

They are a decent all round ski not fantastic in the powder but they are ok on piste they again are ok I guess you could say they are a jack of all trades and master of non! Not what I would reccomned for some one after 5 weeks but if you want to be a park rat they will be perfect for you If you want to be a skier get somthing more geared toward carving. Happy shopping
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the welcomes and quick replies

I'm looking for a ski that will allow me 20% park and 80% piste and occasional of piste, these appear to fit the bill, I also like the price at £230 inc bindings

any other skis you think I should consider?

Ordhan,
Quote:

Not what I would reccomned for some one after 5 weeks
Why? (excuse my ignorance)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waveslider, Loads, Armada AR6, Dynastar Trouble Maker, 4Frnt STL. All similar sorta skis-there are a hundred more skis out there. Gotta be realistic about things any park ski is going to be a massive compromise over a piste-based ski and will hinder how fast your skiing improves. The only one I can think of is a Scott ski based on the mission, is it the Neo? Anyhoo someone will fill in the detail on this ski but I think it's the type of thing you should be going for-if a twin tip at all.

my 2 cents worth.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hired Public Enemies. Bought Scott Missions.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a pair of the female K2 MissDemeanors which are great in the park for my level - I am just getting started, they are pretty good on the piste, although if you want to carve at very high speeds they won't stand up to a massive velocity! Off piste I have found them to be pretty good in all conditions and they are nowhere near as heavy as my carvers so I have been very pleased with them. Are you going to any resorts where you can ski-test to see how they feel?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My wife is smaller than you, very competent skier, technically, but perhaps less "adventurous" than yourself.

She skis the K2 PEs in a 169.

Thinking about anything else would make you a pussy. A very large, unable to fight-your-way-out-of-a-paper-bag sort of pussy.

Sack up.

Although I have never skied a PE I think it's a really cracking ski and it sounds like you have a good line on a pair. Go for it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
waveslider, For somthhing that is going to spend 80% of its time out of the park it wont do much to develop your non park skiing. You wont have a problem skiing them or using them just twin tips are probably not the best way to improve your skiing but that is just my opinion. Like I said I have a pair and love them have had great fun on them and enjoy having a twin tip option in the quiver.

The K2 raiders might be worth a look good all round ski at the end of the day it is all about choice and whatever You are happy with and want is all that is important best if you can get somwhere to test them before you buy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
heavy isn't necessarily a bad thing. i quite liked them when i tried them in a snowdome. i actually much preferred them to another snowHead s favourite, the Fischer RX8. They have quite a "solid" feel and I think I would have been pretty happy fooling around on piste with them for a day or so. ultimately I wouldn't buy because they aren't really aimed at what I like to do most of the time
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A friend of mine has got the female version the miss demeanor, one of her skis weighs more than my Line Celebrities together . . . heavy is not always a bad thing but we were trekking with these on our back packs of i def preferred my lighter skis
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all your replies

I'd love to demo a pair, but Tamworth is the closest place(if they'd have last years model to demo), a day out would probably be 50% of the value of the skis
Baring this in mind it may be worth risking it and just buying them.

I guess I could always keep my Volkls as backup in case I hate them

Although I appreciate they won't be as good as a set of carvers on groomers,coming from a Surf & Skate background I really want to get into park skiing - its these or a snowboard!!
snow report
waveslider, I'd go for the Scott Punisher.
snow report
arv, Punisher over PEs? What are YOU sniffing? And can I have some?
latest report
parlor, if you wire me the moneys... wink

This ski definately isn't my department-they are talking at least 20mm too thin for my liking-I don't like the PE's..

If i were him going on other folks opinion I'd go for the punisher (mission with a softer tail right?) especially as he has only done 5 weeks on snow.. easy ski to go for with relative piste performance for his ability.
latest report
Opinions here in the States seem much different regarding the PE...I only spent part of a day on them last season, but found the 179s to be on the stiff side. Most here would say they are a better all mountain ski than a park ski, but the TT does give you the park option. Many find the Dynastar Trouble Maker to be better in the park while still allowing for all mountain action. With your lack of experience, you could also consider the Nothing But Trouble which seems more geared towards intermediates.

Last year, I skied the Fischer Atua and found it very good all around (better off piste than piste) and easier to ski than the PE. The Atua is now called the Misfit and comes in smaller sizes than the 186 I skied. These are wider than the PE or TM, but this will help you out if you get more into off piste and could be a good compliment to a narrower piste ski if you keep the AC1s.

You don't want to go too long for park, but remember that TTs will ski shorter on piste than a flat tail ski.
snow report
bensley skis a pair of these, not sure on the size though, you could try pm-ing him.
snow conditions
I skied them for a bit before changing to something with more oomph, because I'm lardy.

£0.02 worth:

I quite liked them, but they don't have the piste grip that some skis have, particularly getting the tails locked into a nice clean carve and keeping them there is a problem, they break into a skid very easily, this could hinder some of the things you might want to learn. They also flap around a bit in choppy off piste (wooden ruler like). These are GOOD things in moguls though, where they were great fun. Probably pretty good in the park too, centre mounted.

K2 have changed the PE to the EXTREME :sick: this year and have, I guess, tweaked it slightly away from the park.

Nice skis, I'm keeping mine as spares/rock/snowdome skis BUT i think that they are kind of where the Rossi B skis* got to a year or two back - initially a good design/idea for the average punter that got overtaken and improved upon by others. Good = soft snow, basic park, moguls. Not so good = fast carving, hard snow, ice, big fast fakie skiing, pure park.

*Note to pedants - I'm not including the B squads in that Laughing just the 2s and 3s you can get from SkiSet...
ski holidays
I've been an owner of PE for a couple of years and i would never describe them as my jib skis. they are my ski the mountain skis. They aren't the best at anything but they are consistantly ok at everything. One thing i would with them is the weight is a bit heavy. But next years extremes lose the ptex topsheet so make the ski a lot more dynamic. Last years 164CM Pe weighed more than next years 182cm extreme that i have with camp k2 topsheet....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy