Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

listel hotel or glacier lodge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am trying to book my holiday in whistler next jan and want a hotel that not too expensive i.e not over £1000 perperson for a week including flights etc. i dont want something miles away from the charilifts or something too close to town centre but again close enough to walk at night for a drink. the ones i have come across so far are glacier lodge and the listel hotel, does anyone have any info on these? are they decent enough?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Listel is out the back from Crystal Lodge IIRC so very central, Glacier Lodge is at Blackcomb so a bit further walk (<10mins) from the village but handy for the slopes as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
are they nice enough hotels though?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154948-d184245-Reviews-Best_Western_Listel_Whistler_Hotel-Whistler_British_Columbia.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154948-d240010-Reviews-Glacier_s_Reach-Whistler_British_Columbia.html

I havent stayed in either but the Listel is certainly handy for the lifts. The above links give some reviews from Tripadvisor.....as ever a somewhat mixed bag of scores but you get that with any of their reports, somebody loves a place, someone else hates it.

When you say "nice enough" what do you actually mean? I imagine that both are at the cheaper end of the Whistler spectrum so you are not going to get 5 star luxury etc. If you are just looking for somewhere clean to sleep on the basis that you are out most of the day, then I imagine either would be ok.

I have stayed here

http://www.whistlerpinnacle.com/

and it is fine. Fairly central, an easy walk to/from the lifts and close to various bars/restaurants but a bit off the Village Stroll so noise should not be a major issue.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
when i say decent enough i mean somewhere thats not grotty and looking run down. im going to whistler for the snow but i still want a half decent place to stay that wont cost the earth if that makes sense.

i did look at the pinnacle and also the marriott residence inn, the marriott does bed and breakfast and doesnt seem that much more so that may be more appealing. really just want to get somewhere booked to be honest
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed at the Listel a couple of times (Mar 2003 and Dec 2005) and it's a decent enough hotel. very central but set back from the village stroll so no chance of any late night noise. Not stayed at the Glacier Lodge, but it had a bunch of refurbishment work going at the beginning of last season, not sure what exactly though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can vouch for Glacier Lodge - stayed there several times. Decent rooms, nice pool/hot tub and 150m from lift at Blackcomb base. The walk to Whistler in the evening is good fro your soul. And legs ....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colors,

Quote:

when i say decent enough i mean somewhere thats not grotty and looking run down.

"Grotty and run down" does not exist in Whistler.

Glacier Lodge is very comfortable. Mrs A and I have rented a condo there for the last 3 years (and will be back again in March). It also has the advantage of having the only liquor store in town that is open on a Sunday. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stayed at glacier lodge for xmas and new year 07/08

it has loads of apartments which are privately owned, so it is all down to the owner whether they are fitted out nicely or not - but they have a star rating value to each apartment.

we had an apartment above the reception and if you listened carefully enough you could hear people yapping below we were unlucky for that reason. apartment was brilliant - very nicely fitted out and the owners left us a xmas pressie when we got back on xmas day - how nice.

anyhow - the glacier lodge staff were brill, the outdoor pool and spa were brill and the actual property brill. the shop will look after your skis instead of ski lockers.

the slopes were about 70 yards away and in whistler or blackcombe terms that is really close to the lifts - because the place is sprawling and hotels etc feel like miles away and you see people walking with their skis on their shoulders miles from the slopes/lifts. so felt lucky for that.

there are not many apartment blocks in whistler or blackcombe and certain not many by the lifts.

it's the glacier lodge - SOLD!

if you are looking for best restaurant in town - we tried all the best - or said best and a little place nobody mentioned on snowheads was the best restaurant me and my partner ever went to in our lives and believe me - we've been to the toppest notch places everywhere we've been. try the Apres - down by the KFC. go down the side alley of KFC, turn left and it is one of the places on the road side heading towards the town. have been dreaming of the place since - for jap food, def go to one near the lifts in whister - called village or something like that. really good jap food.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy