Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Things happening in les carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a brilliant walking holiday in les carroz and thought that this info would be of interest.

Got a bit of a shock when walking from top of sairon (morillon) towards the gondola from les carroz. They are remodeling the beginners area between the top of gron chairlift and the gondola top station and seem to have created 1 or 2 more runs? there was loads of felled trees and tree roots pulled up by massive machines.

They have also flattened the bump between top of gron and top of molliets area, so it will be easier to get to the linking run going to the top of sairon chairlift up from morillon and not have to walk for about 150 metres up hill.

there is info about this here, but its seems to have started early?

http://www.lescarroz.com/index.jsp?c=70691

and picture from gondola

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/lescarroz/carroz/images/zooms/teleski_des_cretes.htm

I have some photos, but no idea how to load them on, could i send them to someone who knows?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 27-08-08 8:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot one other bit, they have remodelled the easy black (was a red until last year) under the gron chairlift making it even easier by removing all the ridges that go across it near the bottom.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carroz
I was there as well that weekend and agree with what you have written. Was surprised at how wide the new beginners area at the top will be. Looks like they need to get a move on though with finishing the gondola reception area!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carroz,
Any idea what is happening at the Belles Pistes Hotel? Looks like it is being replaced by another MGM development.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Simo - Belle Piste has been taken over by a British Couple - Terry and ??? (Sue I think) for this winter...so no not another MGM....there is an MGM being built above it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marcellus wrote:
Simo - Belle Piste has been taken over by a British Couple - Terry and ??? (Sue I think) for this winter...so no not another MGM....there is an MGM being built above it.

I hope the foundations are up to it..... wink Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just saw that the Belle Piste Hotel had a sign explaining (in French) the new construction work that was taaking place. The MGM billboard behind it had an image of about six buildings but the area for the foundations didn't look large enough. Hence I guess (incorrectly) that MGM may have been building over the Belle Piste.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
with the amount they've dug out...surprised we weren't watching the olympics live!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carroz wrote:
and not have to walk for about 150 metres up hill.

Fantastic news and about time too!

Look forward to our next visit Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carroz wrote:
and not have to walk for about 150 metres up hill.

Fantastic news and about time too!

Look forward to our next visit Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
simo1234, Yes it is an mgm leaseback development, chalet de jouvance but only 36 apartments, with a big pool and spa thing, bit like fermes du soleil, but posher. Supposed to be finished end of 2009. They were making very loud bangs all week when we were there blowing up bits of rock. I would think the properties around it were a bit noisy! We went into the mgm office to have a look.

The esf building is going, but next year i think. There was some sort of convenant on the land from what i can gather, which has been bought out? i assume the esf will be going to the new gondola building, which they are taking ages to finish, at least there will now be steps from the building if you download, rather than the slippy rocky path round the back.

mgm link is here http://www.mgm-constructeur.com/property-development~Alps~les-carroz~les-chalets-de-jouvence.html
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carroz, will you be in resort for the season (as it appears you're not one of the residents)?

simo1234, when are you coming out?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it out until sometime in March 09.
If I arrange something earlier, I'll let you know. It would be good to meet for a drink at the Marlow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marcellus, No not a resident, (well not full time ones, wish we were!) should be there from mid december for a while, then january some time, then march. Depends on work.
snow report
doh.......Point Noir on Friday nights is the best time to meet up (any week) when you are in resort guys!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy