Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Friendly Skiing Company/ La Tania ESF - 2 questions...

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at a family holiday for next year and came across the Family Friendly Skiing Company. They look pretty good from the website but it would be good to hear of any first hand experiences from any snowHead who have stayed with them.

Also, our 5 year old will need ski lessons. I have heard/ read good and bad things about ESF and wondered if anyone had any specific comments on their child instruction in La Tania. He has had 1 week of lessons in St Anton last year which was only moderately successful but the good news is that his enthusiasm is still intact!

Thanks in advance for your comments!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Tyke, I can't comment on the company you mention, but can highly recommend La Tania for a family holiday. Our 13 and 8 year old sons were in the first year out of ski school and managed to ski from 'the very top' as they called it, to the village on blues and greens. It can be done on reds and blacks too though!

As for ESF, again, no experience of the La Tania branch, but that was because the boys had such an unpleasant experience with ESF the year before in another resort, that they didn't want to go back in lessons. If your son has only had one week, then he will need more, but maybe look at these options http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/lessons.htm - I've had good reports about Magic in Motion. Good luck
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went with them last year, right at the end of the season. Their admin wasn't great but the actual holiday was very good. Chalets are located in good positions, the chalet hosts were good, as was the child minder (very good). Room wasn't exactly palatial (with baby cot it was a seriously tight fit) but would be OK for two. En suite was good. Overall a good 'vibe' to the holiday
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Tyke, Looked at but not used, but would again recommend La Tania as a Family Resort. Friends used Magic in Motion and liked.

Stayed with Ski Beat a few times in La Tania and liked the chalets - few years ago now so may have changed of course
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen, Nickski, Boris, thanks for your help. Looks like we'll go for La Tania, just need to decide who with.

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski Tyke, try Le Ski- they are very good with some good chalets in La Tania
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in LT at Easter and used ESF for our two (3 weekers) and our friends two beginner children. We were worried about using the ESF after seeing some of the other groups at other resorts (large groups and no english speaking teachers), however they were excellent with all the children (perhaps with the exception of the under 5's ski garden class). The teachers all spoke english and the classes were not too large, about 9-12 at most, although the ages ranged in the class (my son E is only 5 but was in the lower intermediate class with 6-10 y o). For the beginners they were very good, they managed to ski easily from the top of the resort by the end of the week. So I would recommend the ESF class over some of the other ESF classes at other resorts; that said we have booked Magic in Motion for when we go back at Xmas, primarily because the ESF classes are short (2.5 hours) and I didnt think that they did that much teaching (in comparison to New Generation who we used last Christmas).

In terms of La Tania, it is an excellent resort, we didnt stay with FFS, although did see the FFS child minders around with the children quite a lot. I would check the position of the chalet as if it is in the middle of the village or ski-in/out on the red (Moretta Blanche) piste then it can be difficult to get access to the ski lessons (ESF meets at the bottom of the Troika drag lift); ie to get there you would need to ski down to the gondola and then walk back up to the drag lift (Magic in Motion meets by the gondola though). Also the red piste is quite steep in places and wouldnt be possible for ski back for beginner skiers. If you are on the other side of the resort then you can use the green piste to ski down to the lessons or walk and get the elevator from the chalet level to the resort level. Also all the resort facilities are on the green run side, so in the evening the kids can toboggan down the green piste, which if you were over by the red would be a bit of a hike to get over to. By chance, our chalet was the highest in the village on the junction of the green and blue pistes which made ski in/out very easy! The FFS chalet Nid Alpin was next to our chalet so would have equally easy ski-in/out. You can check the positions of the chalets using the maps on www.latania.co.uk

Cheers,
Peter
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Tyke - we went with FFS to la Tania two years ago with a 9 month old baby. Nanny service was excellent. two nannies arrived at our chalet early every day and looked after the two children in the chalet. this is so much easier for the parents than having to take the children to another chaet. We had booked nanny service for mornings only with a view to taking it in turns (parents and grandparents) to babysit in the afternoon but once we had seen how good the nannies were we all went skiing all day. Chalet hosts were OK but a bit too laid back on the cleaning front - with all companies the quality can vary between chalets depending on the hosts.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski Tyke, we were in La T last Jan and I'd echo many of the above comments about the resort. Have not used FFS before, but one of our group did use Magic in Motion and had nothing but praise for them.

One word of caution - if your chalet is towards the mid/upper area of La Tania it can be a bit of a hike if you have a 5 year old and all your clobber in tow at the end of the day and you find yourself down at the resort level.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski Tyke, we habe booked with FFS for next season
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know there is a lot of general grumbling about ESF but we have used them a couple of times as have friends and it seems one branch can differ greatly from another. We have only had good experiences but haven't used the school at La Tania so I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand - wait for some specific feedback about the La Tania branch
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When enquiring about ESF in La T before our last Jan trip, there were some fairly negative comments about the school to be honest.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everybody for some really useful feedback.

We have booked with FFS but have yet to decide on which ski school to use for the 5 yr old. Will do some further research on that one.

Anyway, looking forward to our first proper chalet holiday. Always been B&B, SC, hotels or larger Esprit chalets (more like mini-hotels) before...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Tyke, which chalet did you go for in the end?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chrisb, Abigail, for no particular reason other than it has room for our friends who may join us when they are able to commit in October. How about you?
ski holidays
Ski Tyke, nicole - a bot away from the centre of the village "at the top", but ok for us
snow report
when are you chaps going? We've been repeat visitors with FFS for the past 5 years! Great service from them always! I'm going back with them Easter week,
snow report
kitenski, thanks for the endorsement! Seem really friendly and efficient so far...

Cheap week - 4th Jan!

Why?
It's the cheapest week and I'm from Yorkshire!
Only 4 school days missed by eldest
Can't wait any longer to go!
latest report
Ski Tyke, slightly off tpoic but i note in t your posts that you say you have stayed in esprit chalet-hotels before. we have only used esprit chalets but have been looking at the larger hotels., woudl be interested in having a "conversation" with you about them. perhaps you could send me an instant message? or maybe we could meet up as we are both in the flat lands of lincolnshire (although i do come from yorkshire !) !!!
snow conditions
kitenski, last week in Feb, so still busy with the French schools, but my girls have extra time off school becuase the school they go to is being re built and the school needs extra holiday to move into the new building
latest report
backhojo, I would happily send you an instant message but as I'm strong in t'arm and thick in t'ead I'm at a loss as to how to do so!

If you or another friendly snowHead puts up a quick instruction I will oblige!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy