Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finnish skiing in late (18-25) April? Possibly Pyha or Salla?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm trying to plan a very late season trip for next year. I'm now considering Pyha or Salla, but I really don't know what to expect, other than rather limited downhill ski-ing and lovely silence! I'm planning on a mix of cross country and downhill, so the limited downhill ski-ing isn't a huge problem. I'm more interested to find out what sort of character the resorts have. Do they have an original village area, or are they more resort in character? I can't get much of a feel for these places online. Will it be dead during the week 18-25 April?

Apres ski: While we don't like to get hammered every night, I do like to know that there is a pleasant bar somewhere nearby where we can get a drink if the feeling grabs us. I remember seeing something on 'Wish you were here' about little huts dotted around the place. That looked nice!

I'd be very interested to know what people's experiences of Finnish resorts have been in general.

Many thanks!

Liam
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi all,

An update - I've been in touch with an accommodation agency in Pyha, and they suggested that I don't visit from the 18th - 25th of April, as conditions can change very quickly, and they can't guarantee there will be much snow. I did explain that I don't mind about the quality of snow, so long as it's servicable. She suggested I go to Saariselka instead as it's much further north. I commended her on her refreshing honesty! Saariselka doesn't really appeal, so it's back to the drawing board....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lrx28, thanks for reporting back. I haven't been to any of the resorts you mention, only to Levi and Yllas. I'm not sure what they are like that late in the season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy