Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Info needed on doing a season in Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With Mrs Jbob about to pack up working I was thinking of a more relaxed place to do a season/year than Chamonix.
Has anyone done a non working season in Italy? I was thinking of a whole year rather than a season and had been considering Aostia or the Sella Ronda as being good for all year round activities.
I have visited both quite a lot so know the areas, but was hoping for information on Accommodation costs, passes etc.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob, hello there. I don't know if I can be a great deal of help however...

I would anticipate that you could have a very fine year. My concerns would be that the interseason is too quiet. Champoluc, for example, in November is deader than a dead thing under a 4x4 snow tyre. But, I would expect typical costs to be a little lower. You can get an Aosta-wide season pass so that might be fun. You'd be that bit closer for heliskiing Cervinia/Val Grisenche. You'd definitely want to pick and choose your base though.

Having said that there's always at least one bar open and the Sapin (IMV one of my top restaurants in the world) stays open all year (that's Champoluc I'm talking about).

Regarding accommodation; Soph's gran rents a couple of apartments in Champoluc. My perceptioin is that the market is eye-wateringly expensive on a weekly basis but remarkably cheap on a long term basis. I'll investigate.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob, If you're looking all year round I'd say Aosta would be a great place to be based. It's not a ski resort so you still get feel of living in a town as opposed to holiday resort, and there is a great choice of resorts easily accessible from there - Pila, La Thuile, Courmayeur, Cervinia, Cham etc.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jbob, ciao. can't help a jot, but it sounds like a great idea. You will, of course, do a regular Snowheads diary?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1, Aoste's not a bad idea - and you can get a bubble straight up to Pila. If it was me though, I'd base myself up-mountain. Biggest worry would be that I got bored with it after Chamonix.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aosta would be a possibility, my daughter lives in cham, I would like to explore the Grand Paradiso plus great skiing up and down the valley and there is a terrific ice cream shop there, mind that goes for most towns in Italy.

David Murdoch, I might well be interested in the flat in Champoluc I really like the interseason and I could always take off somewhere for a few weeks on my bike.

Does anyone know about Aosta season passes?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, managed 20+ reports last season.
If I am in a position I will do the same this winter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Euro 850 for the whole valley, Helbronner to Alagna, or 1000 inc Zermatt
www.skivallee.it
Bear in mind that if you are based at the top of a valley it's a long trip to other resorts.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobertC, Cheers for the link - I only emailed Pila about that this morning. do you happen to know if any days in Cham are included ?

jbob, I'm very tempted by Aosta myself so may see you there with Mrs david@mediacopy ! Let me know if you decide to go ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
david@mediacopy, doesn't look as though CHX is included - and my word how horrible are those colours? Website design emergency!! - Taste Police and Fashion Ambulance required!!! Website down, website down.

jbob, I understand that the same families have dibs on them year after year but I'll put out some feelers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last year we got 3 days in France and 3 days in Verbier.
I don't know about next season.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RobertC, Any early booking discounts ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy