Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not too bad in Serre Che?

Poster: A snowHead
According to this T.O. report, today's date ....

Weather: Sunny

Snow cover altitude: 40 cms
Snow cover resort: 20 cms

lifts: 5/40
slopes: 12/70
greens: 5/8
blues: 4/19
reds: 2/30
blacks: 1/14

Temperature altitude: 0°C
Temperature resort: 4°C
Freeze point: 2,400m

wind direction altitude: north-west - strength: 30 kph
wind direction resort: south-west - strength: 30 kph
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WEBCAM shows snow
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 17-12-04 16:38; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, I think that there's one slash too many in that link - you don't need the one at the beginning before url.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, better now?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen B, Actually, it still isn't right, there's an extra [url on the web address!! Must admit, personally I'm much lazier than you and I just copy in the address and don't bother with the [url]s.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, fixed it, but it's dark now, as they've updated it. But if you click on the panoramic camera you should still see. Sorry
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, the link is fixed! Helen Beaumont, Sorry to disappoint you, but most of them have been bussing over here this week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
According to the Serre Che tourist office, it's been snowing since early afternoon Friday 17th, "getting heavier by the hour".
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, Just looked out of the window, and it's stopped . Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Still foggy though and wind getting up. Should be similar in Sere Che
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, not out ther for another month anyway, but still keeping an eye on things.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Even some folks on the slopes this morning.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mel here from EurekaSKI in Serre Chevalier. Very happy to report FANTASTIC conditions on and off piste - snowed for more than a day and blue sky this morning. (Why am I at my desk exactly??!!) I have just re-joined Snowheads and will try and keep coming back with snow info as often as possible, and to assist anyone who needs info on the resort etc. Unluckily don't have Broadband here just yet... it's coming... so I can't be online all the time - so bear with me...............!! HAPPY SKIING. SERRE CHEVALIER'S COME UP TRUMPS ONCE AGAIN!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome back Mel. Your company has been mentioned a few times recently. Stick it into the search engine in User Facilities on top left of forum pages to find the plugs. And you get a mention in the Puy St Vincent thread. Your fame precedes you wink wink
Good to know Serre Che is in good condition now.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mel@EurekaSKI, sounds fab. Can't wait to get out there. snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Helen & Ian (thanks for comments above!) Snowed again yesterday - just 10cm or so at 1500m, no doubt more 'up top'! Blue sky now and cold. Had a lovely ski on groomed pistes yesterday am and the kids in ski school have been going off little jumps landing in deep soft stuff. Bless 'em! Bye for now, Mel
snow report
Just keeping you all in the know. Snow has been better ... but we're not doing too badly here in Serre Che! Snow generally better in Monetier at 1700m+; lovely on-piste conditions all morning. Lots of sunshine. Bye for now, Mel Cool
snow conditions
Mel@EurekaSKI, see you in the Alpen soon 23rd-28th). Hoping for some more white stuff before we go!!!
ski holidays
Hi Helen, none as yet but it's definitely coming tomorrow... I can feel it. Umm, maybe I shouldn't say that! Sitting up late this evening, had such an early night last night I thought I'd make it a late one tonight. It's fun reading everyone's chat on the forums! I promise you let you know ASAP as soon as it snows. I really feel for those who are just about to come out and all they're hearing is doom and gloom about the snow/no snow/etc from press/friends or whatever; it must be gutting. But I'm telling you that on-piste conditions in the morning in particular are absolutely fine at the moment. The off-piste is well packed and you just have to watch out for the uncovered rocks. Anyway, I hope to bring you new snow news tomorrow........... wink
snow conditions
Quote:
But I'm telling you that on-piste conditions in the morning in particular are absolutely fine at the moment.

Mel@EurekaSKI, compared to the Dec 17th report, how many of those closed runs are now open? And how about the steeper sections of the open pistes - how have they stood up to the dry spell/Christmas week traffic?
snow report
Mel@EurekaSKI, see you next week sometime. See the webcam is covered in snow today snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Hi there. Just popping on quickly before off for a ski... about 30cm+ fell yesterday in the village (1500m) but a bit of wind has blown it all around abit. Will have to get back to you on how the snow is 'up top' later today. PG - I am based in Monetier and never get the time to ski the whole valley... so I can't be definite about what's open and what's not but I'll try and find out for you. Generally the pistes with the man-made snow are fine, other pistes were wearing thin but the bashers have been pushing the snow around so the situation changes every day! It's still snowing a tiny bit this morning. I am looking after some 'VIPs' this pm - Saturday am so I bet I don't get the chance to log in and give you the latest but I'll try!... Mel
latest report
OK, lifts have been closed above 1900m due to VERY strong winds in each of the sectors of Serre Che. Been snowing since yesterday afternoon, lightly, and the wind has calmed down thank goodness. Off skiing tomorrow so will report back again ASAP. Mel
snow conditions
Well different story altogether today. Calm winds, 40cm+ of snow above 1500m, 20cm+ at 1500m. Been skiing powder all morning and it's still snowing! Enjoy the skiing if you're coming to Serre Che snowHead !
snow report
That was supposed to be 40cm+ of fresh snow above 1700m! Shouldn't rush should I?!
snow report
Just come back last nite from Che 1350, not great snow, high winds, over half the lift system closed due to winds.Low cloud, freezing fog!
Locals say it needs 3/4 days of good snowing to get things reasonable. Shocked
latest report
What a shame lofty, the conditions improved rapidly since you left. The weather can be cruel sometimes! Been skiing all morning but now back to the office... Very cold temperatures and fresh snow (still snowing lightly) have made for excellent skiing, on and off piste. Wind has closed Y'ret lift in Monetier this morning but all other lifts in this sector are open. Completely disagree that 3-4 days of good snow is required to get things reasonable! Between 5am-9am yesterday morning, more than 35cm of fresh snow fell in Monetier, skiing was magical not just reasonable!
snow report
lofty, welcome to snowHeads. Sorry to hear it wasn't to clever out there. Where abouts in Chantemerle were you?
snow conditions
Just back last night from Serre Che, as mel said, fantastic on Monday, though it has been so cold all week, -40 in the wind at the top on Mon/Tuesday. Chantemerle fine too, although some exposed slopes a bit worn due to last weeks high winds., esp towards Briancon. Les Eduits excellent. Have to say, the cold took me back inside early though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Helen, we're off tomorrow (about 2.30am!) so hopefully it'll be a bit warmer! Hope you had a great time anyway snowHead Eeek, must finish packing before husband get home or he'll go mad!
snow report
maggi, have a great time. Wrap up warm!!!! Temp looks to remain cold for the next couple of days. Hot chocolate best at Grand ALp. LAshings of cream. Vin chaud best at Peyra Juana (among the trees down towards the bottom of the MOnetier section) . Best lunch at Le TRoll (Serre Ratier), or Echaillon ( to the right of the Fangeas piste, from the Casse du Boeuf chairlift), but avoid the Creme Brulee. it wasn't nice.
ski holidays
Helen, thanks for the tips - have printed your post out! All set to go now but much too excited to go to bed. Will probably go about midnight, toss and turn for another hour, wondering what I've forgot to pack, cancel, or generally sort out, then finally drop off just before the alarm rings! Sound familiar with anyone? Laughing
latest report
Welcome back Helen. Although cold, sounds like the snow's pretty good on the whole. The Peyra Juana also does an excellent chocolate chaud avec rum. Just the job for elevenses! Just heard that MGM are developing the big carpark as you come into Chantemerle from Villeneuve. Sounds like a big development of apartments. Although they're putting in underground parking it'll put quite a bit more pressure on the often lack of spaces.
snow report
Mark Hunter, I picked up the brochure for MGM, the car park will be 3 floors (so they said0, the road blocked off at either end, and the complex will go right down to the river. Pool etc look fabulous. Pricey though. Chris saying that property prices are still shooting up , with virtually nothing for sale around 150, 000 mark.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, does any of the literature you have make any mention of a website?
snow report
Mark here it is
www.mgm-immobilier.fr
However, Serre Che doesn't seem to be on there yet.
ski holidays
Thanks Helen.
snow conditions
About time I posted an update! No significant snowfall to report; had an inch or so mid-week! Skied over to Chantemerle last week from Monetier; higher slopes are wearing thin thanks to the wind 1-2 weeks ago and Villeneuve is particularly rocky in places. Monetier still great skiing on piste, particularly all the runs below the Bachas (head over to the Stade for example) - so many people just aim high when there's great skiing down to the village! Make a stop at Peyra Juana restaurant, delicious food all the time. Yes, more snow would be GREAT and I'll tell you when it arrives, don't you worry!
snow conditions
Very wet and windy here in Serre Che but at least it's a change from the dry air we've had the last few weeks! Looking forward to snow lower down tomorrow but today it's rain in the village... (1500m)
ski holidays
Well I have to admit that we've seen better half-terms for snow. The sun's out but it's SO cold for everyone and we could really do with a good dump of snow now. The bashers are doing a great job of moving the snow round in Monetier to improve some lower slopes but... there's no substitute for a massive dump! Fingers crossed...
snow conditions
Happy to report that it's snowing, also snowed Monday, overnight last night and all afternoon today. Sorry I have been AWOL for a while...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy