Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Insurance for 30 days plus??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone had done ski insurance for over a month and had any recommendations for a travel insurance company. I've found a quote for £40pp with the AA for 33 days. Any good?

Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My one was for the whole of last season and was with BMC (British Mountaineering Club). Their policy is good, think it cost me about £230 for the whole season, dunno what its like for 30 days tho!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adance, depends what you want the cover for. You need to read the details of what is covered in the policy, for example, if you ski off piste without an instructor the AA might not cover it, but the BMC does. A good deal on insurance is not always the cheapest, but the best cover for what you do.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
adance, BMC also 'InsureandGo' have long stay/backpacker with winter sports covert.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Carte Niege covers everything IIRC
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marcellus, NO IT DOESN'T!!!! For the umpteenth time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for this - will have a look at them all. little old me is only going on the piste (with my tearaway 3 year old) and not off it so won't need such grand cover (should I even be on here posting then!! rolling eyes )
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, sorry if you're repeating but what does and doesn't it cover??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marcellus, to save Lizzard's blood pressure, I'll say it - there is lots of excellent info on this on Snowheads - do a search. I'm no expert, but all the detail is here somewhere. It works well for people tied into the French health system, but not really made for UK based folk who expect their insurance to pay all their medical bills and get them home. It's basically to get you off the mountain, and it does that very well. It's cheap (the cost of a beer each day for short stays, a lot less if you have the season cover) and worth having in addition to a UK travel policy, for example if you have any doubts about your cover for off piste, and it can save hassle locally. But for most UK based people it's not a sensible substitute for travel insurance.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy