Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard shopping Salt Lake / Park City area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I will be travelling to the Park City area (flying in to Salt Lake City) for some Snowboard action this winter. I am travelling there without any gear and need to get some pretty fast after arriving to not lose slope time. A have googled my ass of, but find very few stores that show their stuff online, so I was wondering if somebody could give me some good recommendations on where to shop?

Is it generally a lot cheaper and do stores have larger product ranges down in Salt Lake City or is it just as good up in Park City? I draw both big board, boot and cloth sizes so I really wanna make sure that I get what I whant and need when I get there.

Thanks a lot in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
suggest you do your shopping in SLC. Park City is a bit more chi-chi, will have a smaller selection and you are likely to pay more. there are a ton of shops in SLC (albeit spread out) selling good kit but I'm a skier so wasn't looking at any of the snowboard stuff . Sandy (downtown SLC, near the canyons and near-ish the turn off to Park City) has some good shops - one of them is Canyon Sports but you will have to dig a little deeper because i can't remember any of the other names. Brighton is apparently the local boarders' mountain so there may be a few things up there. if you have pals over there already and know what you want, i'd buy on-line at a US shop and ship your kit to them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
REI

Backcountry.com have a retail store I believe in SLC

If you know what you want best to agree with your hotel to have goods delivered there then buy online before you go (though some sites need a US CC)

No one will have much stuff online at the moment (only clearance) because they don't get stock until Sept/Oct
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
REI

Backcountry.com have a retail store I believe in SLC

If you know what you want best to agree with your hotel to have goods delivered there then buy online before you go (though some sites need a US CC)

No one will have much stuff online at the moment (only clearance) because they don't get stock until Sept/Oct

+1...but you may want to try the boots on in person. Sierrasnowboard.com may be another good online option. If you have your hotel sorted and they will agree to take delivery, now is a good time to get some 2008 gear at half off. I am not sure about snowboard gear, but Level9.com has deals and may be based out of SLC.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy