Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pointless snowfall speculation

Poster: A snowHead
So now that winter is on its way what are everyone's hot picks for where is going to have a season of exceptional snowfall? Use your skills, clairvoyancy, runes, bias, commercial interests, long range forecasts, doppler radar, blind hope to punt on where you think will have an epic winter.

Note exceptional implies above the average for that location so places like Mt Baker/
la ros aren't a cert.

I'll go Tahoe as it has had a couple of relatively lean years.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Rosiere?

I'll go Canadian Rockies because they had a pretty sh*te season as far as things go last year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Greenland.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FTSnowman's front drive 'cos he isnt going away as much this year and the guy's a magnet for snow ( inter alia Shocked ) wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there's fresh snow on Mont Blanc in the last 24 hours snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Hmmmm ....

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, I hope you're working yourself up to a bit more than 'Hmmm' - your fans are waiting, you know! And where's that webcam, anyway?
Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last summer in the UK was horrible and rainy, and this summer has been as well, so maybe that means this winter will be like last winter Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are we looking at some sort of 'Fantasy Snowfall League'? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowing at 2300m right now; just spotted fresh snow, when the mist which has enveloped us all morning cleared a little, for half a minute. Not making any forecasts though.
Quote:

Last summer in the UK was horrible and rainy, and this summer has been as well, so maybe that means this winter will be like last winter

Hmm.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w,
Quote:

Hmm
Don't you start! Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, don't worry, I was talking to the weather experts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
south east of england will be under a blanket of snow this winter.. from late nov till early april
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I predict that Tourist offices around the world will make up figures relating to snowfall and conditions in order to ensure that people continue to visit...
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Greenland.
Just flew over Greenland a couple of days ago. First time I've seen it without a covering of clouds. It didn't look snowy at all! Just loads of icebergs and very dirty looking glaciers. Loads of lakes and rivers in the middle of the ice all the way across. Is this normal for this time of year?
snow report

Tig-ness.
snow report
Steilhang, no.. we are all doomed
snow conditions
I love pointless snow speculating... can anybody make up the expected snow conditions in Kitzbuhel please as i am considering a visit this year Laughing
ski holidays
ski-finder, it is expected to snow at some point in Kitzbuhel for a duration that is to be announced at a later date.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmaah, excellent news... this year i am planning on visiting when there is lots of lovely white stuff.... no early plans for me
ski holidays
Hurtle,
Quote:

where's that webcam, anyway?

Looks like Val d'Anniviers. Maybe the rumours are true.
The Met Office predict averagely moist, averagely cool winter. no change there then! Shocked
snow report
There's going to be epic snowfalls here this coming season. The local old boys have assured me these plants indicate a harsh winter ahead. I've never noticed them before but this summer some have grown to over 2 metres high!
Cool
snow conditions
Been running a few pre-season models and I'm going to predict that week commencing 33rd Jan 2009 is going to be epic Laughing
latest report
Hurtle, Cant you see its resort Y , thought everyone knew where it is Laughing
snow conditions
Gilberts Fridge, sorry, completely lost track of its identity! Laughing
snow report
Quote:

The Met Office predict averagely moist, averagely cool winter. no change there then!

And they also predicted for this summer "The risk of exceptional rainfall, as seen last summer, is assessed as very low at this stage. " May be best they don't go too near Belfast then!
snow conditions
Well to be fair to the Met office they did predict that this summers weather would be sh*t, to put it bluntly.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chris wrote:
There's going to be epic snowfalls here this coming season. The local old boys have assured me these plants indicate a harsh winter ahead. I've never noticed them before but this summer some have grown to over 2 metres high!
Cool

Have they been at the genepi again? rolling eyes
They're huge plants though.
latest report
I predict that regardless of where I choose to go, and when I choose to go there, it will snow heavily at my chosen resort the night before I arrive, whilst I am travelling there, and at least twice during the week(s) I am there. This prediction is based on the following criteria:

My seemingly charmed snow-life which has seen this same consistent pattern for the last 10 years (sometimes against all odds)
Wishful thinking
A modicum of silliness

D
snow report
I will guess that because atlantic hurricane season has had a relatively strong start Norther atlantic Oscillation is negative then snow will be plentiful in the alps and less so in USA. However I want to know where Deliaskis is going as she sounds like she has more luck....
latest report
I predict it will look like this and it will only take two hours for people to dig their cars out Very Happy
ski holidays
arv, strangely enough it did snow last week, twice.
latest report
chris, Is that Evening Primrose?
snow report
genepi, sorry, I don't know the English name but here they are called Gentiane Jaune.
ski holidays
chris, Yellow gentians, then Toofy Grin

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Gentiana+lutea
ski holidays
genepi, ineteresting medicinal properties. I have plenty of them in the garden.
Anyone want some? Only 30 euro's an ounce! Toofy Grin
latest report
Deliaskis,

"My seemingly charmed snow-life which has seen this same consistent pattern for the last 10 years (sometimes against all odds) "

Have you decided which weeks you are going to Zell his winter? wink
snow conditions
robboj, now that would be telling! Or possibly jinxing it!
snow report
I think we all know that the only sure fire way of telling is the thickness of onion skins. So those of you out in the Alps have a good old rummage in the local veggie gardens and report back. We must be told!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy