Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere in December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Couldn't wait any longer so booked for me, my missus and a mate, a week in Val D’Isere for the second week of December.

Really can’t wait to get out there regardless what the snow is like (although Val seems to have a pretty good snow record) and am looking forward to giving the glaciers a crack.

Anyone got any info on Val and what we should get up to? We’re not massive party animals but I’m sure we’ll have a few beers but what runs should we be checking out, is there anything bad we should watch out for, and just generally, what’s Val like?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val is not cheap but I've been there loads and like it. Plenty of night life. The Moris is good for live music and other bars like Dicks and Petit Danoise are pretty lively too. As other posts have suggested, the route back into Val isn't brilliant, especially for low-intermediates or beginners. The off-piste is simply fantastic and quite skiable. If you're a half-decent skier it's worth going with a guide for a day and you'll get to see loads of the area you wouldn't normally. Try Alpine Experience who are a really good company. If you have access to transport try a day at St. Foy down the road or Les Arcs (via Villaroger).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pray for snow - that early you might be limited if you are unlucky, but it is often great. Of course, at the very worst there are always the glaciers.
Yes, if you want to try the very extensive off-piste, I echo about Alpine Experience - they will put you in a group of similar standard.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like Val early doors - most of the season workers don't think they own the place.

It will be pot luck on the snow cover though - we went the first weekend in Dec 2003 and had great conditions, the year later on the 16/17th Dec it wasn't anywhere near as good.

You'll have a great time - that feeling of being back in the mountains!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For several years I have been there the week before Christmas and have skied off-piste every day. The guides at Alpine Experience know where to find skiable off-piste at that time of year. But we seldom see guides from other schools doing the off-piste then, unless it is a powder day. If you want to ski with Alpine Experience then book early.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman,
There will be a group of us over in Tignes at that time...and you will surely end up on the Grand Motte at some point.
You should keep in touch with this

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=39360
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, good plan... why didn't I think about this before? Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy