Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good "Full Board" Hotel in BANFF or CHAMONIX

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a nice hotel in BANFF or CHAMONIX. Must be FULL BOARD and good food.
A Sauna, gym & pool would be a good bounus!

Any recomedations?

We stayed in HOTEL SONNEGG - Vorderglemm (Saalbach) in Jan 2008 (booked through www.saalbach.at)
Full Board (excelent food) x2 Saunas, Outdoor Heated Pool, Gym, ski room.
Its was excelent! The food was top notch 3 course Carte Blanch.

It worked out about £360.00 for the week.
We would be looking for something similar with similar price range.

Thanks guys.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Karl Moto, I think you'll be struggling with that budget in Chamonix. Unless your definitions of good and "top notch" are somewhat different to mine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Karl Moto, hotels in Canada don't tend to do full board, most are room only although some do breakfast as a package as well. If you want something similar in a similar price range I'd go back to Saalbach! - don't forget in Banff the lift price will be something like £250/week.

Have a look at this thread for cheap deals to Banff http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=40741
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chamonix and Banff do not lend themselves to nipping back to the hotel for lunch so full board unless you mean being supplied with a packed lunch is not really an option.
In Chamonix the Hotel Eden does excellent food but no sauna, gym or pool. As David Murdoch, says you may be struggling on the budget unless you get a low season deal, some friends of mine got a very good deal in Club Med in April.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure the Banff Springs will do you very nice full board with world class food and all the pampering you like but I'd look on your budget as a per day cost for a couple - oh & its nowhere near the slopes so you'd have to skip the skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frank Piccard's two star hotel "Le Calgary" in Les Saisies would cost you more than that (each) half board. But they do have a very tiny swimming pool....

In anything other than the tiniest resort you surely wouldn't want to go back to a hotel for lunch? Even in the Espace Diamant, not the biggest ski area in Europe, you could be a couple of hours skiing away.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Karl Moto, Also, French resort hotels tend not to do full board. B&B or HB only, typically. I think you actually meant Half Board didn't you? At least, per the Saalbach website link the Sonnegg (I don't think Austrian names require CAPITALS do they?) doesn't do full board.

The French also tend not to discount for last minute arrivals pre- vacances as they can reliably hit their business targets by being full over the vacances, which they will be.

If you look on the Chamonix website you'll see prices and lists of hotels. Known good food can be found at the Mont Blanc, Eden, Morgane, Aiglons (or at least we expect it to be good post-renovation), Prieure (at least, known good haggis).

Why would you want to be confined to your hotel in the evening though?

Chamonix town has heaps of good and varied restaurants and not just of the cheese, ham and potatoes variety - we have v. good; Japanese, Swedish-Asian fusion, Australian-Asian fusion, traditional, very-specially-up-market-without-being-expensive, kebabs, curries of Indian and Thai variety, local ham-cheese-potato specialities and some remarkably good Italians (it is just over the border after all).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Karl Moto, you want full board in Banff? are you mad? So you're going to return from the slopes every lunch by bus (round trip at least 1 hour minimum) to eat in the hotel and return to the slopes? Then again perhaps you are only skiing for half days. Either way room only is the way in Banff with so many restaurants surely?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ahh. I actual did meen HALF BOARD sorry. Confused
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Karl Moto, David Murdoch, is being modest, he has very nice sc accommodation in Chamonix (I have stayed there) check out the web site, its good quality and v handy for the new Brevent lift.

David mines a pint. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ten years or so ago, the Albert Premier in Chamonix used, out of high season, to do a fantastic half board deal in its then un-refurbished (but perfectly comfortable) main building. I believe that the whole place has been refurbished to stellar standards now, so is almost certainly priced off the scale. Pity. Fantastic food and the most beautiful indoor-outdoor pool.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Again, about ten years ago, the Banff International was great.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jbob, you are too kind, thank you!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy