Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skis info

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know what the differences between, icelantic pilgrims, scott missions and line prophet 90 skis are?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
length shape and stiffness? Confused

Missions have a really short turn radius, are quite soft and personally I don't like them, but they're generally popular. Prophets have a longer turn radius (20m), are a little bit stiffer and very stable and responsive. Pilgrims are small and weird (and I'm sure someone else can tell you their good points Neh Neh)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah they are 3 pretty different skis to compare.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
see ive heard good things about all 3 so just wondered how they compare to each other and what the differences are between them
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaveC, Good on ya mate. Thats a helpful way to describe Pilgrims????????????
dave_the_rave, have a look at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=886393&highlight=sigb#886393 a good review. If you want to try the Pilgrims we're at the chill factore demo night the last Friday of every month.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kiwi1 wrote:
DaveC, Good on ya mate. Thats a helpful way to describe Pilgrims????????????

Exactly the experience I had on them. Not my fault I don't sell them for a living.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dave_the_rave, how heavy/tall are you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what are the scott punisher skis like compared to the missions?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dave_the_rave wrote:
what are the scott punisher skis like compared to the missions?

Punisher is the twin tip version of the Mission & is slightly longer so they ski the same length. Blurb says the tail on the Punisher is a tad softer but a customer of mine has both a says he can't tell the difference.

I sell Icelantics & can give you some Pilgrim advice if you let me know your stats.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dave_the_rave, the Punisher is supposed to be the twin-tip version of the Mission. Some say this makes a fantastic ski even better, others are less convinced.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dave_the_rave wrote:
does anyone know what the differences between, icelantic pilgrims, scott missions and line prophet 90 skis are?

yes Toofy Grin I have skied the first two but not the line prophet's Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon - my stats are 5'11-6ft, 10.5-11stone, decent intermediate skier but improving with every lesson

II - what are your thoughts on the skis?

so am i right in thinking the punisher and the missions are virtually the same ski apart from the punisher is twin tip and the mission is semi twin tip?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
are you on or off piste Dave?

If the former I'd be looking for something slightly thinner underfoot for you....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well mainly on piste but this would be on piste in canada so musch softer and deeper snow, trying to get progress off piste in the next few yrs though
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Dave,

You have no guarantee of the snow being softer and deeper in Canada, from reading this I would suspect these maybe a touch too wide for you...

Punisher is 162cm=121-85-110 mm,172cm=126-86-113mm,182cm=128-89-115mm
Mission is 162cm=121-85-110 mm,172cm=126-86-113mm,182cm=128-89-115mm

the punisher is supposedly softer than the mission for park landings etc, but same sidecut dimensions...

Can you get to an indoor snow dome and try a few out?

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
hmmm..dificult to tell.

On piste, less than 80mm, but if you get really keen and ski deeper stuff then you'll want the help a fatter ski can give.
Depends where you need the help.
..on or off piste.
I'd say a 172 punisher TT would ski short and help the OP turn them plus may be enough to get the off-piste going. I'd think it may be possible to out-grow these quite quickly if the learning curve is steep and there may be better sell-on in a Punisher for where you go bigger/better.

For your stats, you could go to the 182cm TT Punisher, but I wouldn't say go there without knowing how you ski....I'd offer a 182cms Punisher would suit a strong athletic younger guy with 15-20 plus weeks. You'd need to getting it together otherwise it may be too much ski... As I said, could be quite meaninless without knowing the skier, so take the above with a pinch....

I don't know the other skis.. I'd say the Movement Flame sounds one to consider.
ski holidays
hmmm just had a look on the 'movement' website. the spark and flame skis both sound interesting. does anyone know if they ever go to the chill factor for demo's or does anyone have any info on the skis?
latest report
dave_the_rave, Movement will be at the next Chill Factore demo of the 29th. I have a couple of friends on Flames and they love them.
snow conditions
Punishers are actually a pretty forgiving/softer ski. I'd definately go 182 though for the stability. I know a friend from last season might have a pair he'll hook you up with cheaply...

I guess Mission/Punishers are probably the closest you'll get to a piste ski since they have a massive sidecut.
snow conditions
I see people are heading to the skinny / fat debate again!

FWIW I ski mostly Icelantic Nomads, both on and off piste.

The Line 90s are basically what used to be the Asassin in terms of sidecut etc. I think. I have a pair of those as well (skinny at 87 underfoot!).

The only way to work out what will work for you is to ski them, otherwise we'll have the skinny vs fat brigade out in force. Where is Parlor anyway?
snow report
zammo, hello! I think the last time we discussed this it was generally decided that it's no longer a fat / skinny debate. Everyone decided that it just comes down to sexual preference and not being very good at skiing...

kiwi1, I would have thought "small & weird" describes them perfectly, no? After all, they are small - well, short anway. and they are certainly weird...anyone else make short, fat skis with pointy tips and bizarre graphics?
snow report
zammo, hello! I think the last time we discussed this it was generally decided that it's no longer a fat / skinny debate. Everyone decided that it just comes down to sexual preference and not being very good at skiing...

kiwi1, I would have thought "small & weird" describes them perfectly, no? After all, they are small - well, short anway. and they are certainly weird...anyone else make short, fat skis with pointy tips and bizarre graphics?
snow report
parlor, Laughing
snow conditions
parlor, pointy tip? that would be the shaman not the Pilgrim and does come in 184cm and the Pilgrim 179cm which although not long, is not short either. DaveC, sorry if I came across sounding to protective of Icelantic.
ski holidays
I think the Shaman in a 184 would be fine ski based on its "little" brother, although I will also qualify the weird by saying that indeed Icelantics IMO do not ski exactly like traditional skis but they are not difficult and a helluva lot of fun.

"Small & weird" seems like a perfectly acceptable tag line - you aren't going to be selling them to the punters who'll only look at Salomon & Rossi anyway wink
snow conditions
better that fat and weird, huh Bob?
ski holidays
parlor, I'm fat and weird. You got a problem with fat and weird yer poof? Toofy Grin and stop sending me kisses via skype rolling eyes NehNeh
snow report
hmm icelantic rock...punishers are for poofs, right that will do!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy