Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cat skiing in Canada.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interested to know has anyone skied at any of the Cat skiing operations in Canada? What was it like?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went 2 years ago with Monashee Powder Snowcats (www.monasheepowder.com) and had a fantastic time.

We went in mid Feb at mega-peak time, so price was an important factor. No denying it was an expensive trip but a relative cheapy by powder skiing standards (ie versus other operators and/or heli skiiing). It was our first cat skiiing trip and we thought the lodge was very good, although other guests (who had cat skiied before elsewhere) advised us that other operators offer a higher standard of comfort and luxury. For example, the bedrooms at Monashee are not en-suite. Didn't bother us though.

The food was excellent and the skiing was out of this world - 4 days of untracked powder, powder & more powder - at times chest deep, with "face shots" and over the head snow a regular occurrence! We had great guides, who placed a very high emphasis on safety.

Not too many crowds to worry about either, with 24 skiiers (in 2 cats) having about 50 square miles of skiing to ourselves.....

Highly recommended, well worth a transatlantic trip for and something any avid powder skier should try!

If you live on that side of the pond Jumperpowder you should definitely give it a go - the cost of our airfare would cover the cost of a couple of days skiing.

Regards.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can recommend Chatter Creek
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been to Snowwater 3 times, really good. They do cat and heli and also also run valhalla cat skiing. The man in charge (Pat) is a right laugh and his guides have always been brilliant.
The terrain is also top drawer. It's a great option if you fancy a bit of heli but can't committ to more than a day or two. It's only downside, for us, is the distance from Vancouver or Calgary.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used powder mountain cat skiing in Whistler last season. The mountain is a 25 minute drive from Whistler village and they provide transport from the village to the mountain. We skied all day in untracked powder and on a real variety of terrain. There were two cat's operating and no more than 20 people on the whole mountain. We skied all day with no lunch break, plenty time to eat in the cat's on the way back up the hill! They provided plenty of food, the guides were fantastic. Transievers, probes, shovels and some training in how to use them was provided. On the day I went the heli ski operators were shut and the Whistler alpine was also closed!!

Only one slight gripe and that was the fact that the back of the cat made me feel a bit ill. Being bounced around in a tin can wasn't much fun but I felt suprisingly fine after stepping out at the top of each run![/img]
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jumperpowder, are you thinking of taking a trip or are you already there? wink

Not tried it but would love to have a shot, when I was in Revvy the cat skiing looked awesome.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy