Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Brother-in-law, his wife and 3 kids (11, 7, 5) are looking to go on their first ski trip over this New Year (leaving Dec 27 for a week). As the wife and I try and aviod school holidays and family friendly resorts like the plague we were a bit stuck when asked for advice.

Any thoughts on resort choice and companies to look at? Probably looking at the more budget end of the spectrum
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One suggestion - Les Gets, and all book lessons with the British Alpine Ski School. Another - La Rosiere, with Ski Olympic.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BGA,

I guess it depends on the budget but I would suggest for a self contained family, you might try Zinal or St Luc/Chandolin. The sking should be good for 1st timers although they might not meet too many Brits. The pistes look flat and wide to me, but you might need a better perspective in that regard.
The village will be quiet and Swiss.

Just a pointer, for starters.

I have heard La Tania is good for young families, ski-wise and would hope you avoid the 3 v's carnival and its percieved ( by me ) prices. Hopefully others can put a bit more meat on these bones.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BGA, Belle Plagne, plenty of self-catering options, and plenty of choice with lots of tour operators. I think Crystal have a Club hotel there too. I learnt to ski in Flaine, which was a great location to learn to ski, easy access to the nursery slopes, and the ESI ski school were excellent for my kids, but not what you would call pretty. In fact pretty damn ugly, although the views from the pistes are stunning. Couple of budget priced hotels there too.
One of the smaller Austrian resorts might suit too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BGA, a New Year resort thread.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BGA, Another thing they might consider is to take the kids out of school?

Now before I get shot down, this is obviously a personal decision, can be very political and depends on personal circumstances and the views of the kids school(s)

I tend to take the view that kids of 11,5 & 7 will learn just as much and develop themselves socially much more in a week on the slopes than a normal week in school. Make them keep a journal, or create a project out of it that they can then educate their classmates with. This may keep the school happy in that they are actually working and learning during the week.

So, if its possible they will have much more choice + much quieter slopes for literally half the cost if they go a week or two later. I went over New Year this year for the first time in ages because of a big birthday, and I don't think I'll repeat it, ever, or at least until the next big birthday!

Whether this is acceptable to or possible for your brother in law is, of course, up to him and his wife?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have 3 kids and my first choices would be La Clusaz (or Le Grand Bornand) and Morzine (or Les Gets).

Outside of France we also like Kaprun which has great tuition for kids.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BGA try Valloire for a really nice chilled out traditional french mountain town that does not cost the earth and has a rel large ski area. As for taking kids out of school my parents always did it with me when I was a kid and did'nt hurt me a jot!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The most popular resorts are the most expensive. If you are looking for accomdation contact me by PM, I can help you find something.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy