Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked all our 08/09 flights..BA beat Easyjet every time

Poster: A snowHead
Kids still at school, own a shack in Switz, still employed with limited days of holiday.

That combination means we have to be organised well in advance if we want to get plenty of ski time, but without paying too much for flights.

We booked the three main breaks of New Year, Half Term and Easter very early with BA, but weekend trips I waited until Easyjet winter schedule came out before comparing to BA. Every trip worked out substantially cheaper with BA, most years we have ended up with a mixture of the two. The price difference was significant.

I guess if you fly midweek then Easyjet still works, but for key holidays and weekends BA win this season.

PS...still can't use frequent flyer miles on any such dates though...BA blank out those and keep them for revenue-only customers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, you need to add: And live near London.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, absolutely. We have no choice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, yep - BA for GVA or LYS, BA or Swiss for ZRH
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dont forget Air France or Swiss do some good prices if you can fly from London City
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I assume you mean from down sarf......us poor northerners don't have many BA options!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just done a price comparison:

Sat 21/1/09 return following Sat
London - Lyon

Heathrow = £121.50 (BA)
Gatwick = £97.54 (eJ)
Stanstead = £96.54 (eJ)

Newcastle = £209.80 (BA) via Heathrow
Newcastle = £185.52 (eJ) via Stanstead

Even with the ski carriage and bags, easyJet have some great prices to Lyon this winter.

Sat 7/2/09 return following Sat
London - Geneva

Gatwick = £98.98 (eJ)
Gatwick = £114.70 (BA)
Heathrow = £131.60 (BA)

Yes, the dates you needed may have been cheaper, but it's not always Very Happy Thank goodess for competition, eh wink

edit to correct date

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 7-08-08 11:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
London City is great...if you can fly from there.
I live mid point between Heathrow and Gatwick so indifferent between them.
Lodon City is 2hrs at least y public transport and Stanstead/Luton...forget about that!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michelle, err, 21/1/09 is a Wednesday...still, those are pretty good fares.

Why does the EJ site insist on you having to remove insurance twice though? Surely not trying to catch anyone out and have them pay for something they don't need by mistake?

Has something gone wrong with the Easyjet booking system? I could have booked a Gatwick-Geneva flight out 24 January back 31 January for £75.98 including ski carriage. That's exceptionally cheap I think. I am most encouraged about next winter.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
All I can say, is buy when you like the price..there seems so much movement with fuel prices that I expect price cock-ups in the financial qtrs so it may be time to rectify what they got wrong in the 2nd qtr with the 3rd..or vice-versa...

6 months ago, they would not have foreseen this so budgets have been ruined, IMV
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When accusing the budget airlines if dishonest practices, let's not forget this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7546804.stm
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch, rolling eyes I did mean the 24th! It really doesn't matter - the price is the same for the 14 days surrounding the 24th at the moment!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle, Better prices from Bournemouth and with a Geneva based crew Toofy Grin wink
but no Croque Monsieur Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, I have filed my claim in the class action
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, You and your blinkin' Croque Monsieur Laughing

Little Angel
latest report
Dont forget they can still add surcharges

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1042055/Passengers-warned-soaring-ticket-prices-airlines-slash-60m-seats-bid-cut-costs.html
snow report
another southern complaining about the choice of flights.......... rolling eyes rolling eyes problems, problems, problems !
latest report
Michelle wrote:
boredsurfin, You and your blinkin' Croque Monsieur Laughing

Little Angel

I love Croque Monsieur, although Croque Madame is better (a fried egg on top!).

There is more choice from down South. Basically, if you live near any of the London airports, the ski world of Europe really is your oyster.

We have booked to go to Italy (in-laws) for skiing over New Year (27 December-3 January). KLM from Glasgow to Milan via Amsterdam £379. Ryanair - Glasgow to Milan (direct) £511.
snow report
jb1970, Any reason why you didn't choose to fly easyJet from Edinburgh?
The dates you've given are priced at £131:98 each direct to Milan.
latest report
Michelle, he'd have to drive the 40 miles from GLA to EDI ! Laughing
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, only if he's had the car serviced Toofy Grin
snow report
Smokin Joe, yes - but I have to drive 44.5 miles to my closest airport. Those of us on the South Coast aren't lucky enough to have the choice of TWO in the area Toofy Grin

Let me think, drive 48.5 miles between the airports, or pay an extra few hundred pounds... difficult choice Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy