Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Visa

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, just wondering if I'll need a swiss visa to fly into geneva, then get a taxi straight away from the airport to courchevel. Will I need to get a "transit visa" or something like that. How much will they be if I do need it and where can I get it from? Thanks guys, Tom
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lofty1988, Do you hold a UK or EU Passport?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hold a UK passport, but like I said, wont be staying in switzerland, just flying there??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suggest you consult those who'd know http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lofty1988, at a (semi-educated) guess, if you need a visa at all - and on the face of it, you shouldn't need one if you are entering on a UK passport - then you will need a transit visa to pass through Geneva. The people to contact are not, I think, the FCO but rather the Swiss Embassy in whatever country you're in now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lofty1988, of course you don't need a visa.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lofty1988, You will be welcomed in Switzerland with a UK Passport, as long as it's not expired, and you are not wanted by the authorities Toofy Grin You won't need any sort of visa, because you will be a tourist.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, snowbunny, it's such an, erm, unusual question, that I thought there might be a subtext.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lofty1988 wrote:
Hi guys, just wondering if I'll need a swiss visa to fly into geneva, then get a taxi straight away from the airport to courchevel. Will I need to get a "transit visa" or something like that. How much will they be if I do need it and where can I get it from? Thanks guys, Tom

yes you need a visa, if you send me the cash I'll post one out to you. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, Laughing Laughing Laughing You are a bad bunny wink

lofty1988, as a UK citizen you do not need a visa to visit Switzerland
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, at least better the FCO than a bunch of unknown snowheads. Could give him any sort of advice. A strange question lofty1988, I'm afraid.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch,
Quote:

at least better the FCO than a bunch of unknown snowheads

True enough! (So long as he gives them all the facts. I still can't help thinking some are missing.)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lofty1988, I land in Geneva and go to the PdS (France) a number of times a year. Never had a visa, never had a problem! Is there a problem that may negate the Swiss border control looking on you as a tourist or desirable alien???
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think he's gone into hiding... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, or being imprisoned by the Swiss border Police for not having a visa Toofy Grin
ski holidays
....Or been arrested at the border Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Fools seldom differ Toofy Grin
snow report
and always rush in Toofy Grin wink

boredsurfin, We really must ski together sometime Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,maybe one day in Paradis Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays
Switzerland is about to join Schengen which means no more border controls with Schengen countries.
snow report
davidof, Ah! So UK will need something as we are not Schengen......are we? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
lofty1988 wrote:

I thin the Swiss take just about any form of monetary payment thought up.

So no, you don't need a visa - Matstercard will do, or cash. Smile
snow report
boredsurfin, we're not Schengen but that doesn't necessarily mean you need a visa - for Switzerland Brit passport holding tourists only need passports.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
boredsurfin, we're not Schengen but that doesn't necessarily mean you need a visa - for Switzerland Brit passport holding tourists only need passports.

but it does mean no queuing at Bardonnex surely?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy