Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early doors Canada 2008?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

I have a chance to be out near Seattle w/c 17th November 2008, and I'm contemplating staying on for the weekend of 22nd Nov. It looks like Whistler opened on the 17th Nov last year.

I've always wanted to ski Whistler, so reckon this maybe my chance, but are there any other resorts closish by that may also be open? I'm more into skiing off than on piste....

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From what I can see Sunshine Village, Banff, opens in early/mid November. I hear that the off-piste is good (no experience myself yet, just booked to go there in March next year). Might be a bit far from Seattle however, depends how far you're willing to travel.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The World Cup rolls through Banff and LL at this time but often the snow is a tad thin, but you're skiing and the bars are hopping at night. It's early for off-piste unless you know the terrain or we are blessed with early deep snows.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpental about 45mins drive from the airport is superb in fresh snow (its part of Snowqualmie). Crystal is another local area. Mt Baker is definitely worth the pilgrimage too in fresh snow (save yourself the drive to Whistler & border crossing hassle). Don't know if they'd definitely be open but given they serve an urban catchment area then I would have though they'd be open the weekend prior to thanksiving if there's snow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah good ole Baker more snow than any resort, at least it holds the record, and there is some decent backcountry right out of the resort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
guess I'll keep fingers crossed for early openings!! Looks like mt baker opened for thanksgiving last year, not any earlier Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Baker often opens early November - I had an epic day there in Nov 05
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whistler is by far the most reliable in Pacific Northwest for weekend of 22nd March. I think only once in last 7 years that I've be tracking it would there not have been much snow. We go there ThxGiving pretty much every year, and its pretty good - sometimes incredible Smile

You'd need to be lucky for the Cascades ski hills around Seattle to be open by then. It does happen (I've skied Crystal in 2003 on a deep base with 15 inches of new in mid-Nov), but I'd imagine maybe once every 4/5 years recently. One possibility would be Mt Bachelor (and maybe Hood) in Oregon. Bachelor is commonly open with plenty of terrain by Nov 15th - often where I start my season! It's all quiet and bargain basement stuff before Xmas, so just go where the snow falls at the last minute.

LL/Sunshine will have trails open in November, but LL will be mostly man made and Sunshine usually limited. They both need plenty of snow there to venture off trail without ski damage (it is teh 'Rocky' mountains) - think February onwards ...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy