Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liberty Lightspeed skis

Poster: A snowHead
Wondering if any snowHeads have skied on Liberty Lightspeeds and how did you find them? I have found what appears to be a crazy deal on some and figured it was worth the risk of them being shockingly bad (considering the graphics).

I'm comfortable on reds, progressing on blacks and keen to progress to more off-piste. I haven't played in the parks much but I like to finds bumps and jumps on and off the piste, although I'm not looking for twin tips.

I had previously been considering investing in a pair of Movement Flames but the price of the Lightspeeds is a bit of a bonus.

Any thoughts welcomed!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never heard of Liberty skis, but Movement Flames *rock*
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowshine, I luckily won a pair of Liberty hazmats at the EoSB, only taken them to the snowdome so far but they are cool, I think midgetbiker took them out on the ski test for a day around the mountain and also loved them. No idea how they compare to lightspeeds though. I suspect that these are on old model...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both, much appreciated. I think the Lightspeeds are an 05/06 model, terrible graphics but I guess if I'm off piste more I won't notice Toofy Grin

Since the price (at the moment) is £30, plus £10 delivery, I can afford to give these a go and possibly get the Flames in the future (I agree the Flames rock).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowshine, at £40 i'm wondering what's wrong with them.... Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kristof, I can only imagine it's the graphics - very 70s! But apparently they're brand new, no bindings fitted and the seller is having a clearout of old stock. I guess also that because Liberty isn't a well known brand in the UK there isn't that much demand for them. You can see why with the likes of the freeride companies now popular in Europe, Movement being a good example.

But for £40 I'm willing to take a chance...I'll put a report on here once I've had a blast on them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where abouts are they for sale?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sounds like ebay? as i vaguely remember seeing these on there before and wondering what they are?

after having a look, its soundskis in plymouth

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Liberty-Lightspeed-All-Mountain-Skis-175cm-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ260268628938QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260268628938&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

sorry snowshine, probably just ruined your bargain..... Embarassed
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i didn't think they looked that bad, i'd imagine they are pretty beat up though
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carroz, no problems, que sera... I'm unsure anyway but I figured it was worth a shot.

arv, hope not, the description says that they're new Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my bad!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kristof wrote:
snowshine, I luckily won a pair of Liberty hazmats at the EoSB, only taken them to the snowdome so far but they are cool, I think midgetbiker took them out on the ski test for a day around the mountain and also loved them. No idea how they compare to lightspeeds though. I suspect that these are on old model...

I took them out as well and loved them. Dual poplar and bamboo core and 94mm. Might even buy a pair if I could find them at a decent price.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa, email Jon. He's the Europe distributor. Really nice bloke. I'm sure he can help you out.
http://www.libertyskis.com/international.php
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Update: I've won them (despite carroz's best efforts wink)!

Now I just need to sort out some bindings and a bag. I'm told the skis themselves are very light so presumably I should look for the lightest bindings around. There is a ski shop in Sevenoaks which has been highly recommended to me but has anyone got any tips on what kind of bindings I should be looking for? This is the first pair of skis I have bought.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There are some cheap Salomon 610 bindings on ebay at the moment and Sound Skis were advertising some bags as a package with other Lightspeeds. Seems a good place to start.
snow report
kiwi1, Cheers mate.
latest report
Old post...but do the lightspeeds ski like Bandit XX? i.e. pretty much take anywhere, do anything type of ski?
latest report
Quote:

Old post...but do the lightspeeds ski like Bandit XX? i.e. pretty much take anywhere, do anything type of ski?

Early liberty ski, made in canada, early ones had a reputation for delaminating. After posting in the thread i got curious about them so investigated, (also they looked so disgusting..purple with stars!) and were supposed to be based on the line darksides...sorry can't remember much else. I would doubt they are like bandit xx or maybe will be like an old knackered pair!! There were some cheap hazmats going at sound skis, they are miles better. (no i don't work for them!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy