Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Best Restaurant in Whistler is......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I tried all the best restaurants in Whistler and this was my verdict

The Apres - is the best food i have ever eaten in my life and believe me I have eaten posh / celebrity chefs all over the place - this beats em all, was so impressed

(is near market square, nr mcdonalds and KFC, but tucked away behind, you'd not know it was there unless you were looking or had knowledge of it)

Story goes like this - the owner (italian bloke) used to be head chef at the bear foot bistro, made it have the reputation it has now (not the same without him), some american hot shot made him an offer he can't refuse 'run my 15 new york restaurants and I will ship you outta whistler and give you everything you want - loads a money etc' - offer he couldn't refuse coz he took it up, so him and his family up sticks and move to NY - obviously grass not greener or not up to wot this yank promised - long story I didn't get to find out. Anyway, back to whistler he goes, by sounds of it - he hardly set foot in NY for 5 mins and sets up his own little place called Apres back in ole Whistler. Now this place - the Apres restaurant is smallish - but contemporary, modern and romantic.

.....But the food - omg, it was amazing, go there and try for yourself - really!

for Japanese - the Whistler Village or whatever it is called - try the roll that has a hot battered prawn in it - melts in your mouth. never stopped dreaming about that jap place ever since.

Bear Foot Bistro - ok - but a joke, ave food, but an experience. place is big but all that silly stuff they pull when they uncover your food from a crome cover - hmmm

there is a restaurant at foot of blackcomb slopes sells steaks - not bad at all

across from that another a la carte place - nr the chateau - got bad stomach even tho food was nice

chateau cocktails are horrible - all the ones on the menu have all got bitter lemon or lime, we had 8 different ones to try em out and all of them tasted like poison - they are getting it so wrong.

bar place that sells food at foot of blackcomb - nice for lunch or afternoon food - but busy, however has the atmosphere - yah kno wot i am saying

hope the apres restaurant does well - the owner deserves it.....

happy skiing in whistler

xxx
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
innerspaceservices wrote:

bar place that sells food at foot of blackcomb - nice for lunch or afternoon food - but busy, however has the atmosphere - yah kno wot i am saying

? The mighty Merlins - home of the $6 dirty burger? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
umbertos was my favourite - and Kegs Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
innerspaceservices, Iv've enjoyed Araxi's and Hy's Steakhouse - both were superb but I haven't been back in a while.

If your talking Ischgl - I've eaten loads of times at the Trofana Royal - 1 Michelin star and teh food there is amazing....if you ever pass that way!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nickster, I concur with the Trofana - and the head chef there is apparently Austria's equivalent of of our TV celebrity chefs.....bit of a trek from Whilstler for dinner though wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guvnor, I have met him Martin Schrieber (i think the pelling of his surname may be out). The food was just amazing a fun also - for mardis gras this year he did lots of mini puddings in teh shape of burger and chips etc - but of fun in what can for many be regarded as stuffy posh nosh.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Back to Whistler I have had a number of meals in the Rimrock and each has been superb
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Christine's on the hill at Blackcomb.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
vote for Araxi here. Enjoy La Rua immensely too, and prefer bar menu in Bear Foot Bistro. And sushi is a fine thing there ...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easter Sunday brunch at the Cahateau was a bit special, but evening meals were family affairs due to Canadian licensing laws.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy