Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva - Car Park

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need a place to park a car at or around Geneva airport in between holidays. Thinking about leaving it in the multi story but this could be costly! Max it will be left is 13 days. Normally it will be left for 5-6 days.

Any ideas.

Thanks

TP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nothing really to suggest - I've wondered the same thing. The area round the Swiss side of the airport is most unlikely to yield up any cheap car parks. The French side - Ferney Voltaire - is probably more promising. There are some tattier areas round there which might be hopeful; you'd probably have to explore it and ask around. You might find one of the hotels obliging if you spend some nights there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Parking is quite restricted in Geneva and you often have to leave a parking disk on your car to show how long you are staying - this is the case for much of the parking around the airport.

Someone suggested the university then getting the bus to the airport. You can easily dump your car on the street at Ferney then take the bus, or even walk if you have 30-40 minutes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How much do you expect to pay?
Last year we regularly left ours for a couple of weeks in one of the multi story car parks - car park 51. 85 f for the first week and 10f a day after that. Much cheaper than Gatwick!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jayne durham wrote:
How much do you expect to pay?
Last year we regularly left ours for a couple of weeks in one of the multi story car parks - car park 51. 85 f for the first week and 10f a day after that. Much cheaper than Gatwick!!

That looks like the best idea. How busy is the car park? Can you normally park no problems. Paying £60 a week would be o.k. Can you get to it from the French side?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tp023, there's a car park on the French side. Getting from one side to the other can be a problem if it's late at night - can be done, but you have to wait for someone to come and unlock etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a note of warning to anyone parking in car park 51 at Geneva. We know of 2 ladies from the Morzine area who have been mugged and had their handbags stolen in the last month. It is a gang of 2/3 men who are responsible.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a carpark called P.49 - not listed anywhere on the gva.ch website but it is just beyond the freight terminal and is free. I don't know whether you would have problems long term parking here though, I will check it out. It would be about 20 minutes walk to the main terminal but there is a bus.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof wrote:
There is a carpark called P.49 - not listed anywhere on the gva.ch website but it is just beyond the freight terminal and is free. I don't know whether you would have problems long term parking here though, I will check it out. It would be about 20 minutes walk to the main terminal but there is a bus.

Sounds promising. Any info would be much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to confirm, the car park is P.47. You reach it by following signs to Palexpo then Freight Terminal, beyond the freight terminal is P.49 (which you pay for) then P.47 which is the free Park and Ride carpark. No-one seems to use it, it is supposed to be for commuters from Ferney to leave their cars when they go into Geneva.

It is about 20 minutes walk back to the main airport building but there is a bus stop and bus service opposite right to the park and ride gate. I will try to find out more about buses.

I will check it out again in September to see if it is more used then.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, thanks very much. Any idea of how security is at the car park? Isn't that the garage that Easycar used to use when they had their own operation at GVA?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof, Does anyone have any further information on how the recent changes at the airport may have affected p.47 and p.49 ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

davidof, thanks very much. Any idea of how security is at the car park? Isn't that the garage that Easycar used to use when they had their own operation at GVA?

I think that was carparks 12 or 26, as it was out past the rail station. http://www.gva.ch/en/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/parkings/AccesAero-Parkings_gva.pdf
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy