Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best options for 3v season stay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been looking at Bride-les-Bains but I've read the uplift can be busy with big queues. Ideally looking for a village which offers value wink but I've never been to the area so any advice welcome !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brides is fine as long as you are at the lift early doors...you can easily get to Meribel in time for first lifts. (Not sure about later in the day but would imagine once the 9/930 rush has passed it will be very quiet. Downside is it doesn't stay open late for the return (5 til feb then 530pm til end of season)...not ideal if you want a bit of apres-ski or an evening climb/swim at the leisure centre. Don't count on being able to ski down all that often (particularly if you value your ski bases...).
Know loads of folks who base themselves there though as it is a good budget place within easy reach of Courch/Meribel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
offpisteskiing wrote:
Brides is fine as long as you are at the lift early doors...you can easily get to Meribel in time for first lifts. (Not sure about later in the day but would imagine once the 9/930 rush has passed it will be very quiet. Downside is it doesn't stay open late for the return (5 til feb then 530pm til end of season)...not ideal if you want a bit of apres-ski or an evening climb/swim at the leisure centre. Don't count on being able to ski down all that often (particularly if you value your ski bases...).
Know loads of folks who base themselves there though as it is a good budget place within easy reach of Courch/Meribel

Cheers.

Do you know if they drive up the valley to another lift or use the one in Brides ? I did read in a review somewhere that it doesn't open till 9.30 Puzzled but that was a Christmas week
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
david@mediacopy, The bubble from Brides takes about 35 minutes to Chaudanne and then a walk of a few hundred metres to the main lifts out of Meribel. It can be a pretty ugly combination early in the morning... If you have a car driving up to chaudanne or mottaret is a good option and a bit quicker. Parking is underground in chaudanne and by memory something like 3 Euro a day.

Les Allues is nice and about halfway up...

Our local agents had some seasonal rentals last year not normally on their website and may be a good place to start. Ask for Hamish at amsrentals.com

also have a look at www.merinet.com if you havent seen it...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, Cheers - I was going to drop you a PM but ended up posting the question in public.

I assume buses run up and down the valley ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
david@mediacopy, folks I know who work up the hill often drive (more flexible if you're unsure of finish time..).
Bubble opens at 830am (give or take a few mins) certianly from early Jan (can't imagine it'd be different Xmas week). Regularly do weeks with clients staying in Brides and we are generally on the lifts and away from Meribel before any queues start to form at the Chaudanne...
It is a bit cramped in the bubble though, and probably quite chilly on a nippy morning.

Parking at the Chaudanne is €3 per day , alternatively park free 5 mins walk from bottom of slopes.

Alternatively drive up to le Praz to access Courchevel (approx 20mins from brides).

Lots of folks stay in Bozel, buses up to Courch', ski down for a fair bit of a normal winter. Other options are the wee villages near Le Praz - La Nouvaz etc. 5 mins drive to le Praz lifts.
Also a few little places in the vicinity of Les Allues/Le Raffort (Le Villaret? can't recall names at the mo')
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
david@mediacopy, I dont think the free resort bus goes down to Bride, only as far as Les Allues. The Moutier bus does but costs..

http://www.meribel.net/ftelechargeables/390627079166667.pdf is the resort bus timetable from last year.

I agree with offpisteskiing, La Praz is a nice village along with the little ones near by. THey are also handy in that you can easily get a bus from the Courchevel ski area to meribel if need be.

offpisteskiing, doesnt Izzy and Neil M live in one of those villages? They would be good contacts if you are interested in the courch villages.

Bozel seems to be very convinient and popular with seasonaires who work in VD/ Les Arc as well as the 3V's

I have a mate who lives in St. Martin if you fancy the Val Thorens valley.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy