Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfers from geneva to courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there, does anyone know of any good companies or just individuals for transfers between geneva or chamberry and courchevel, at the moment I the cheapest transfer I can find is about £80 per person (for a group of 5-6) which is the same as the return flight there, surely theres a cheaper way??! thanks, tom
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lofty1988, have a look at my site under travel... www.skimottaret.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lofty1988, I think Altibus run from Geneva to Courchevel. I haven't checked whether their winter timetable is up yet, though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try 3vallees transfers: www.3vt.co.uk - I think it would be about £500 return for a people carrier (max capacity 8 people). I'm trying to remember how much Geneva to Val Thorens was with Altibus - I think it was ~£45 per person each way.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the replies, ive tried all those options and the minimum price I can get is £80 pp with 3vt, which seems to be a bit steep considering the return flights are about that. what I was looking for was some sort of scheduled minibus or shared transport to make it cheaper, some like ChamVan or BensBus which are 25 euros a seat one way. It doesnt look like theres anything anywhere near that cheap servicing Courchevel,anyway thanks for your help guys, tom
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yes i'm afraid shared transfers to courchevel are nowhere near as cheap as ones up in the chamonix valley - fairly normal though as it is quite a bit further and a lot less companies offer them...
we are going to have shared transfers on our site to courchevel soon from chambery airport which will be a bit cheaper than the shared transfers from geneva - we're just waiting for confirmation on timings etc... although to be honest i'm not sure they'll be cheaper than your £80pp if you're talking return
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
forgot to say altibus do run geneva to courchevel - and would probably be the cheapest shared/scheduled option being the local buses - however if i remember rightly their schedule didn't come out till oct/nov time and a return from geneva to courchevel was still about 130€pp. plus you don't get picked up/dropped off at your accommodation, only at stops in resort.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lofty1988, yes, transfers can add a huge cost to a DIY trip, and one that's often overlooked in the rush to rubbish the high prices charged by tour operators! Sometimes the cheapest way is to hire a car for the week but with 6 of you that wouldn't work out so well as you'd need two cars. Even so, if a car would be useful in resort it might be worth thinking about. When you think that a return trip from Courchevel to Geneva, with waiting around at the airport, takes a good few hours (probably at least 6, even if everything goes like clockwork) and add in the cost of the vehicle, fuel, tolls and chains (and the fact that most of the punters want to travel at the same time, so the capital equipment sits idle part of the time) it's not surprising it costs a fair bit. When you see the time some of the drivers spend sitting in traffic jams and/or out in a filthy layby putting on chains, it can seem like quite a bargain!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
4 of us went to Meribel from Geneva last March, and we hired a car I think for around £120 (there were cheaper options but this was a nice big estate), we basically used it to drive there and back. Still way cheaper than a transfer. I'd imagine even if you have to get two cars its still going to be cheaper for you, not to mention more flexible.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy