Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

daughters first ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
my daughter will be 5 in Dec and we will be taking her ski-ing next Easter for the first time any parents bought skis for there kids at this age if so any reccommendations, average size and weight of child for a 5 year old.

cheers

jase
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jase2472, We bought ski's for our son when he was 4, we were living in a ski resort at the time and it was worthwhile but unless they have younger siblings you can pass the ski's onto I'd rent or buy cheap second hand on ebay, they just grow out too soon. I think the general rule for beginners is for the ski's to be shorter to make it easier to turn. I guess up to her chin would be about right. Boots, I'd def rent but whether you buy or rent take the liner out (or make sure the shop do, a good shop will do this automatically) then put just the liners on her feet, that way you can check the fit properly. see where the toes are etc. If your going to ask your daughter to carry her own skis (good idea) then I'd ask the shop for some ski ties to hold them together, the ones with velcro that you can strap the ski's together with type so the ski's don't endlessly come apart whilst in transit
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers mate
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hire for a 5 year old unless your loaded! They won't last more than one season (week) as they grow so quick!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we have another daughter that we can pass them onto Snow and Rock have some at the mo £66 so not breaking the bank snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jase2472, rent.

By the way... Daughter's first skis
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Newbie on the site. From experience, get some second-hand ones either from Slush & Rubble or eBay - we've done it and actually got more for them afterwards when we re-sold them on eBay! Make sure they're no higher than your daughter's nose to help her with control in her first few days.

A personal recommendation would be Atomic Race 7 (we had Race 5's of which the 7 is the current incarnation) as the Atomics have really good sidecut which, again, help with the turning.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonnyboy68, welcome to sH's snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks, arv. Been reading the forums for ages but only just got round to joining!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonnyboy68, cheers pal
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonnyboy68 wrote:
Newbie on the site. From experience, get some second-hand ones either from Slush & Rubble or eBay - we've done it and actually got more for them afterwards when we re-sold them on eBay! Make sure they're no higher than your daughter's nose to help her with control in her first few days.

5 year old kids go even shorter, to help the control bit.. shoulder height is nice.

Rental in Wengens shops would cost you 40 quid (76 swiss franks) for 6 days... so make sure you don't spend more then that as they will only last your young one a single season. Kids boots cost half that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
when I asked easiski about this, she said chest height was ample. Any higher just too much leverage for a small child's frame to manage and they'd get tired more quickly.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy