Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

IT Jobs in resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I lived in Vancouver for a year, worked at the Intrawest IT dept (owners of Whistler) on a years fixed contract. Lived 2 blocks from the ocean, 10 mins from Grouse Mountain Gondola for night time skiing, 10 mins from some of the best mountain biking in the world on the Northshore Also had a free pass @ Whistler through work snowHead

Intrawest IT dept is huge, over 100 people and they are often recruiting. I had a telephone interview from the UK, then the face to face the day after I arrived and then offered the job.

Best year of my life.

Some pics I posted a while back of the year
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=622915&highlight=#622915
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
Lack of degree wouldn't be a problem for me but many HR departments will block hires without one. However I can't see you getting a job in France or Switzerland without a degree - even postmen have them. Europeans put much more emphasis on formal education than the Brits.

It *is* possible providing the company want you enough - Mr Eng got his work permit with no degree and poor A levels before the permit situation eased. Some work permit applications are a work of art, but he'd been with the company for 11 years by then and they stressed insider knowledge as a critical requirement of the job. It's much easier now with the EU permits, but it's a cultural thing that the UK IT industry seems to regard a degree as a waste of time that could have been better spent getting experience - here even the grunts on the supermarket checkouts will often have been through a 4-year apprenticeship in "retail"; gardening is also a 4-year apprenticeship.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you could always try some of the job boards if you are still looking for a IT Job
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eng_ch wrote:
the grunts on the supermarket checkouts

Careful!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JoshC4, welcome to snowHeads.....it's good form not to pimp on your first post.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just wanted to say thank you every one for there help .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Madmonk, I think most people have mentioned Zurich/Geneva, it might be worth upping your status to CCIE ( I did and haven't looked back, albeit I lost 4 months of my social life studying for the damn thing) - with that under your belt, literally get's you head and shoulders above the rest.

Windy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy