Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Montalbert La Plagne Villaroger Paradiski Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
A simple, informal event.

The fastest time on snow between Montalbert and Villaroger.
(Or one end of Paradiski to the other.)
Simply post your fastest time for either or both directions.
(ex FIS skiers and ski club reps will be handicapped)
(The route may be on piste off piste or a combination of both but the entire jouney must be made on snow and lifts)

Everybody is welcome to participate Toofy Grin

Results only, here.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46446#1109437

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 9-01-11 21:47; edited 15 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin,

Any particular start/end points - e.g. lift-gates or pubs/bars? (the latter obviously being an end point, if 'competing' Wink )
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimW, Start finish in Montalbert will be the start of the 'Montalbert' chairlift in Villaroger start finish will be the start of the 'Replat' chairlift. Photo's to accompany times achieved welcome wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can I do it on the Wii?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, Can you? If you can a time comparison will be interesting Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, you could but it would be difficult. Wii's don't have sharp edges, are a little short and fitting bindings may be a problem! wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well, what happens if a lift shuts down whilst your on it? or is traveling slower/faster then normal? maybe pause the stopwatch when you get to the lift/que and start again when you get off?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, Surely the finish should be in La Ferme ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jj193, Tough wink Total time elapsed Sad You'll just have to do it again Very Happy

ski, Why?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, ski,

cos then you can use the excuse you "got lost like the Hamster" when you lose!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JimW, doh! of course Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If conditions allow, I'll have a piece of that action......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh God this sounds like a real challenge and with Mouth Junior in PiouPiou next season am up for this on my board (or maybe I might ski?)

Dec 20th my first day too so am with you boredsurfin,

BRING IT ON...........................
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been there done that.... and had pints of Baileys en route !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't forget a calendar................. to time boredsurfin, Toofy Grin

Nadenoodlee, Going green
snow conditions
What about following ex FIS skiers in order to speed up ones own time? Laughing Cool I am out this weekend Cool
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, One day you'll get an oppurtunity to ski in Paradis snowHead Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, Vanessa?
latest report
redrunmarcus, What! ski in his 'turbulence' (-:
Looks great out there right now Very Happy
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Ironically 2 of the best restaurants in the area are ran by lovely ladies called Vanessa Very Happy
snow report
Mouth, If we are having skiers and boarders as seperate times, we'll have to get into corporate sponsorship for the prize Laughing
snow conditions
boredsurfin, what about trying kiwi .....Icelantic etc
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Laughing
ski holidays
boredsurfin, does the lift system record your time like the stats you can get from the Dolomite Super Ski pass or are you expecting plain honesty from contestants? Could you make it into a proper snow adventure race with a combination of transport forms? Maybe start by snow shoeing, then hop on a dog sled, then cross country skis, downhill skis, ice skate across a frozen lake, a bit of ice climbing and then a final ski leg?

I met the Salomon Crested Butte adventure racing team in Kerry last month, I'd say they'd be up for a race like the one above! http://www.teamcrestedbutte.com/
snow conditions
Just thinking of other variants - how about from in Le Fornet through to Tignes Les Brevieres for those in Espace Killy?
snow report
Peter Ross, my company (Suez) is doing exactly that in Flaine this December (11th - 14th). "The Winter Raid" (aka adventure racing) .

Well, downhill, x-country, biathlon, "rope work", orienteering, & snow shoeing anyway. There will be over a hundred teams there from around the world - rumour has it that some business units employ people solely for the purpose of being good at these things.

Avoid.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, For those of us based in the middle of the route - could we start & finish on the Plan Peisey side of the Vanoise Express?
snow conditions
genepi, No, but can we pop in for a nice cuppa on the way by snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, Puzzled Why not??

Come for tea by all means....... Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Ahh, I see - its only a simple one-way event rolling eyes
latest report
Should we open a book on which of the "simple one way"s will be the quicker? I suspect ending in Montalabert - but only by looking at various lifts and not having tried them. (God its 173 days until I go, what the hell am I doing examining piste maps already...????)

Confess, I haven't skied La Plagne all that much, so while I am confident of a (reasonably) fast time from Villaroger to / from Vanoise, it will require a little intrepid venturing on 'the other side! (Perhaps I'll need to go over a few days before we do it for real, see whether the piste map tells the truth, the whole truth and ...etc.)

Maybe Genepi's idea is not altogether off beam - a round trip may be a fairer test.
snow report
JimW, Keep studying the maps,I know of a couple of quicker ones on the LP side, practice will be required snowHead
As for direction see the opening post, it's for fun and any directions time can be posted Laughing
Lots of details of the LP lifts are here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Skilifts.htm
snow conditions
Its a there and back race so you can't start in the middle.................. Puzzled
ski holidays
That sounds tempting if I end up in Les Arcs with uni again this season Very Happy
I have a feeling we're going to Tignes though, so maybe not Sad
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Yes you could - Plan Peisey to Villaroger, Villaroger to Montalbert, then back to Plan Peisey again...... snowHead Same distance as far as I can see Confused Quite a few snowHead stay in Peisey/Vallandry or Montchavin, so you'd widen the scope of people it was available to........ or is that what you're scared of......? Twisted Evil wink
snow conditions
genepi,

that's twice the distance...
ski holidays
JimW, Not if its a there & back race as redrunmarcus, says. If its one way, then I agree, it has to be started at one end or the other.
snow conditions
genepi,

I agree, redrunmarcus if you look at the OP, it is a one end to the other challenge.

So for anyone not staying at the peripherary, travel to/from the start/end points will be prior to/after the timing beams, and we are all going to do double distance anyway to get home - unless of course the washing line is closed by the time you return to it, and it's taxi time...

Think I am going to go for starting in Montalabert, since although I suspect I can do Villaroger - Vanoise quicker the other way, I know how to get back home from almost anywhere on the Arcs side of the mountain should things run a little late.

(I think we are (?I am? ) getting whaaay too serious about this!!)
latest report
JimW, genepi, OK point taken ......but in my view it should be either Montybear to Villaroger or vica verca but its Boredsurfing's baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snowHead
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
A simple, informal event.
The fastest time on snow between Montalbert and Villaroger.
(Or one end of Paradiski to the other.)
Simply post your fastest time on this thread for either or both directions
Everybody is welcome to participate Toofy Grin

Hey folks, it's not complex Laughing Stop trying to make it complicated will yer Very Happy

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 29-07-08 16:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy