Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milton Keynes in the Summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about taking my kids to MK to pretend to ski. How busy does it get over summer? When is the likely least busy time?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not very, weekday mornings at a guess, watch for poor snow quality and numerous on hill obstacles.

Oh & closed lifts due to lack of staff and closed slope area for tobagganing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MK sounds dreadful from that description Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That was supposed to be relatively upbeat and positive wink I've only ever been at the weekend but have always felt slightly disappointed by one thing or another.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, I dont disagree, it is disappointing. Last time I went i did two runs and gave up. Kids might get a bit out of it though
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Leuzzi, we were there last Saturday from about 5pm to 9pm (to see a friend's band play in a music festival, rather than to ski) & the slope varied from really quiet to totally empty. Also, it was clear of any obstacles apart from one tiny jump. We wished we'd taken our skiing gear along, actually - we don't ski there very often because we find it a bit dull, tbh, but it would've been great fun to have had the slope to ourselves snowHead
Oh, & the snow looked in very good condition, probably because it had seen so little action...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a couple of hours there Tues am 9-11. The slope was fairly empty, but they only had one lift going (between the main slope and the learners') so there was a pretty consistent queue of 5-10 people - mainly caused by frequent stops for two kids who could neither link turns nor use the lift properly rolling eyes . About 10:30 they switched the lift to the one on skiers' right. There were a couple of rails and pipes on the right-hand slope, but fairly discreet and didn't really get in the way much. I also thought the snow was in fairly good condition.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
they have invested in a new piste basher and the snow conditions are generally very good. you do get half a slope cordoned off from time to time for tobogganing during the school hols but it is usually very quiet...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try a weekday morning early in the week. In school hols free slope space and snow conditions due to usage can be affected by their kids camps and toboganning.

As skimottaret has said the new basher has had an important influence but snow quality at MK is generally pretty good these days also because there's a new supervisory structure for snow and slope maintenance.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy