Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2009 Zermatt or Saas Fee??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help!!!

Am looking at a week in either of the above for Easter next year... probably staying in an apartment

Wanted to go Monday 6th for a week but can't find anywhere that'll do Monday to Monday, other option is from Saturday 11th for a week.. (at a wedding on April 4th, so no go that day)

Anyone skiied Zermatt or Saas Fee mid April, just wondered what conditions are usually like at that time... and any general advice...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
been saas fee mid to late april 2 times both times it has snowed down at the resort during the stay, which was good fun for a snow fight :d
Skiing was good, easy to ski down to resort and accross the road to the ski hire shop where you can leave your skis (hotels have spaces their etc.) Skiing is good and both times all runs have been open. Skiing is limited but it is still good. There's also a taboggan run thats very long on one side which is accessed by a bubble and the walks are good. Not been to Zermatt but know that theres alot more skiing..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndyC, We was in both Saas Fee and Zermatt Easter 2007. There was a ridiculous amount of snow wink

Saas Fee http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/451012074_faebc319b4.jpg?v=0

Zermatt http://farm1.static.flickr.com/231/451071304_10e7376979.jpg?v=0

Cheers,
Chris.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AndyC,
We were in Zermatt mid April this year, very good snow high up and skiable to resort, though pretty soft late on. Not cheap by Swiss standards. We were self catering and the supermarkets were pricey.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied them both at Easter in April 2006. I favour Zermatt, as the skiing is more extensive, but either would be a good option.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
looks like zermatt and the hotel butterfly, has anyone stayed there???
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt.

Saas Fee is too small for a week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitegold wrote:
Zermatt.

Saas Fee is too small for a week.

I have to agree. I spent a week in Saas Fee at the begining of November and although there was skiing back to the resort, it was limited for a week. Good though for the time of year. At Easter I was skiing with my son at Wengen and then on to Zermatt, but on the way we stopped for a half day at Saas Fee. Even though the resort was fully open, it still did not have a lot of skiing for a week.

You can ski Saas Fee for a day on the Zermatt lift pass, so this might be a good option to try it out, I believe that there are organised trips from Zematt. If you do go try the Gletschergrotte restaurant on the run down to the village, it's excellent. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't buy the 'too small for a week' thing. Is there a skiing equivalent of ADHD??

CD.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, it's called being a supreme athlete wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I get the supreme athlete bit, I see one in the mirror each morning.

There are an infinite number of ways of skiing pistes, both in direction, style, aggression, sobriety etc. I fail to see how it's possible to get bored with any resort, let alone one as varied and beautiful as Saas Fee. Hell, you can even take a morning out to re-create the 'Last Christmas' video........

CD.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chrisdavis wrote:
I fail to see how it's possible to get bored with any resort

If it was the only ski resort then it'd keep me amused, but when I ski Saas Fee, after a few days I am very aware that there is another far larger, more varied resort in the next valley.....and it makes me want to go and ski there!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, accepted, we did a day in Zermatt - probably my #1 day on skis, ever...... Would have happily skied that day in Saas Fee too.

I stick by my view about too small for a whole week though Razz .

Chris.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy