Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don't forget car hire

Poster: A snowHead
I know that quite a few snowheads have booked flights for half-term, New Year, etc.

Just a word of warning, not to leave it too long for booking car hire if you're flying into somewhere that's very popular.

I had trouble getting a hire car on one of my trips to Geneva last winter. I did get one eventually, but it took a lot of internet searches & phone calls.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good advice... cheers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Likewise overnight stops if driving down the Friday before half term holidays in February.
and ski school classes as many schools are fully booked way in advance for half term Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crikey, even car hire seems to have shot up in price since last year!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulio, try this link, this has been used by several snowheads & gives about 20% discount I believe.

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, I was doing!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does car hire work a bit like cheap flights, then? i.e. goes up and down related to demand?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulio, it certainly seems to be more expensive nearer the time of travel and in the case of Geneva there is a risk of cars not available at all at busy times or just the expensive ones. Holiday autos are the cheapest that I've seen (in Geneva airport anyway(
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If HA shows no availability, or is expensive, Opodo is usually cheaper. I think it is a supply and demand thing. The link above is a 15% discount.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good advice. I have to confess I often book flights really early, accommodation a bit later (if not going to Zell), and then kind of ignore car hire until about two weeks before departure. But you're right, in peak weeks it can be a nightmare. We came a cropper at Nice for new year last year (non-skiing break) and ended up with two v expensive taxis - bad times. Ended up hiring a vehicle in our final destination for day trips. Not the most economical way to do it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had great difficulty in France, even months ahead, getting a taxi on the Saturday at the start and end of Paris holidays.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ssnowman wrote:
paulio, try this link, this has been used by several snowheads & gives about 20% discount I believe.

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount
Giving the usual 20% for 12 days in Boston in September......
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TimDog wrote:
ssnowman wrote:

Giving the usual 20% for 12 days in Boston in September......

I have noticed that sometimes the link doesn't give a discount, but if you go back later or the next day it does.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ssnowman, I think it is when Holiday Autos are updating their prices. It usually coincides with me receiving a special offer email.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Woo-hoo!

Needed car hire for a month in February and checked out this link last week. Astra estate was £620 - not bad.

Just checked again and managed to get Volkswagon Touran for £612!!

Total bargain for a month I reckon. Cheapest price on Travel Supermarket £835. Total saving of £223!!!!!!!!!
snow report
Eurotunnel have only today realised that Friday February 13th 2009 is a peak rate ...bless, isn't it nice when we are one step ahead of the big boys Very Happy
latest report
boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Tried to book for Feb through Holiday Autos, and they've responded to say that the prices haven't been loaded on their system yet.

However they did say that when the prices are loaded (about a month from now) they will either honour the price I've already been quoted, or the actual price, whichever is cheaper. So that's nice.
ski holidays
paulio wrote:
Tried to book for Feb through Holiday Autos, and they've responded to say that the prices haven't been loaded on their system yet.

However they did say that when the prices are loaded (about a month from now) they will either honour the price I've already been quoted, or the actual price, whichever is cheaper. So that's nice.

That's strange, I booked my car hire for next February, 2 weeks ago.
snow report
marmalade wrote:
Woo-hoo!

Needed car hire for a month in February and checked out this link last week. Astra estate was £620 - not bad.

Just checked again and managed to get Volkswagon Touran for £612!!

Total bargain for a month I reckon. Cheapest price on Travel Supermarket £835. Total saving of £223!!!!!!!!!

In which country?
ski holidays
ssnowman wrote:
paulio wrote:

That's strange, I booked my car hire for next February, 2 weeks ago.

Which country? This was for France (pickup at Grenoble airport).

Presumably the load dates differ by country, and probably even by pickup location.
snow report
Mine was Geneva, Swiss side.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy