Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

75% piste, 25% park ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been away for 3 weeks with my Fischer RX8's. I'm not happy with them and every time I go away I end up renting other stuff. The RX8's are 165cms, I'm 12 stone and 6' 1". I think they are too short, they aren't stable when I get up speed or the when surface gets rough. (Though nothing else that I've tried is as good on ice)

I always rent 170cms and they don't give me the same problem.

I have just had a couple of days on Rossignol Zenith 7R Carbon 170cms, they were good. The rental bindings makes them stiffer than usual so I guess the Zenith 9 with an ordinary binding would suit me.

I am also venturing into the park, on small kickers. I tried Dynastar Trouble (lime green) 170, didn't like them.

So the 170 RX8s will go on Ebay soon but what shall I replace them with ? I will be continuing to mess around in the park but mostly I will be skiing on piste.

I know I should be testing stuff but it takes up too much time when I am away.

What do you think ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you will struggle to find a twin tip that satisfies you on piste to the level you want. I found the trouble maker to be a fairly decent piste ski as far as freestyle skis go..

Solution: buy 2 pairs, you can never have too many skis.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stop skiing on piste. Off-piste and park would work together.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
micky, how about the Scott Punisher, available in either a 172 or a 182. It's based on the Mission, but in a twin tip if you like. Available here in the sale:-

http://www.snowtrax.eu/proddetails.asp?idprod=1384

Info on it from Scott

http://www.scottusa.com/gb_en/product/382/26/punisher

A review

http://stuff.tv/Review/Scott-Punisher-Skis/

The geometry of the Punisher in a 172 is almost identical to my Rosa's (female version identical geometry to the Mission) and mine are a pleasure to ski on piste. They are mainly an All Mountain Ski as they are 86 under the foot, but I have skied on my Rosa's/Mission's all day long on piste and off. They mash through anything, I love them.

Review says great ski to take into the park, so you could have everything there and in the sale too.

P.S Because of your height, and the Punisher is a twin tip then even a 182 should be fine for you in my opinion. I am only 5ft 6 if that, a girl, and my Rosa's are a 168 even without them being a twin tip. Saying that, if you are going to end up in the park more and more, a 172 would be better, anyway one way or another the reviews say they're very responsive at any speed. They look good too I think.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
as stoatsbrother off piste/park may compliment each other better-still massive compromise.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Test test test then decide for yourself! Check out my review posted earlier for my opinion of the punisher....lets just say it wasnt good!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
micky,

not giving the ski much chance skiing it that short. If you use a TT, I'd think you'd need 183 min... or a bomb around piste ski and not a race SL, you should be on 175 plus..IMV.

But if you want a park ski, and then compare it with an RX8..well, that is not a fair comparisson either way round, IMO
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy