Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tignes or meribel early season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone got a considered opinion on xmas or new year best choice from tignes or meribel? Been to Tignes couple of years ago and mid Jan the snow wasnt great, but i think the whole of the alps was a bit rubbish that year. Never been to Meribel so dont know whether its a good early season option usually. Toughts?
cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Meribel is at 1450m, but was fine this January, and the three valley links should normally be open, giving you plenty of scope to go higher if necessary. Personally, I plan to be skiiing Meribel (and the rest of the 3V) from the day it opens.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally, if I had to book up now before having any idea of the snow conditions, it would be Tignes, no contest. Any time the snow is poor in Tignes it is highly probable to be worse in Meribel.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, agreed!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tignes.

The higher you go, the reliabler the snow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
meribel, more low altitude tree lined skiing if the weather is poor
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magic - thanks everyone for the advice - Espace Killy for the 3rd time then Happy Maybe 3V later in the season fingers crossed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bitoffluff, ah I have now made the connection! Funny how both those resorts came up in conversation earlier on from the other thread eh! I'm sure you will have a good time in Tignes with the possibility of 3V later on in the season as you say. Good luck.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meribel can be a liitle rocky so decent depths are needed. Higher in Austria is good, the meadows are grassy so limited cover still gives good skiing, better apres too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bitoffluff, we had 30 cm opening day two years ago and in mottaret at 1750 base altitude and lots of snowcannons there is always snow.

in full pimp mode my place had a cancellation for christmas week and is available Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy