Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which are the best places to eat in Les2Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there snowheads!
Could any of you tell me which are the best (and reasonable) places to eat in Les2Alps?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dorirux, The locals will be along soon but I've enjoyed: La Spagheteria, Blue Salmon and a trendy Pizza place (which serves an awful lot more) near the Tourist Info at the resort entrance, name escapes me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dorirux, Blue Salmon for best value for money and really nice food. Le Bangkok for Thai (but not this summer due to building works at the building), Il Caminetto for cheap and surprisingly good all round grub. they have prawn cocktails!!

Colin B, Tri'be'ca. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i don't know the name, but we called it the Windmill - someone else will know the name. a number of of enjoyed it very much.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dorirux, Would also recommend Crepes-a-Gogo, try a 'Hot Stone' and Chocolate, Grand Marnier & Ice Cream Crepe. They have a webcam here http://www.lescrepesagogo.com (not sure if if works in summer though!). Le Takeaway does, surprisingly, very good takeaway pizza!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
R32, I saw Ginnette from Le Takeaway today, and she's had lots of horrid and rude customers - she'll be very happy to see some polite Brits.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
R32 wrote:
dorirux, Would also recommend Crepes-a-Gogo, try a 'Hot Stone' and Chocolate, Grand Marnier & Ice Cream Crepe. They have a webcam here http://www.lescrepesagogo.com (not sure if if works in summer though!).

Seconded Very Happy
Last time we stayed in L2A, it was on the way back to our hotel - we went in for apres-ski drinks (they've got a decent selection, including Belgian beers) every day, & ate there one night as well. Great place Very Happy

Oh, & Happy Birthday, R32!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pizzas and other things: L'Etable
Crepes etc: Crepes a Gogo, Les Sagnes
Montagnarde: Le Paellou, Les Sagnes, Le Cellier
Tex-Mex, burgers etc: Smokey Joe's, Smithy's
General French stuff: Blue Salmon
Serious good food, no expense spared: Chalet Mounier (though it's not even all that expensive really)

Don't rate Il Caminetto much myself (bought-in pizza bases, tsk tsk). But I like the look of the menu in La Grange, if anyone wants to try it out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, is La Grange the windmill place (sounds familiar)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blue Salmon is the best restaurant for me.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, no that's Le Cairn - La Grange is opposite the Jandri Express, next to Brun Sports.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Polar Bear for drink!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks to all of you who replied. We'll have to try all the places you recommended.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, Aah, thanks. I knew I had seen la Grange.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, Tim at Il Caminetto would be furious to hear that you think he buys in his pizzas - he was explaining to us last night how to make them properly.

It's curious, and I suppose it depends on what you eat, but I've eaten twice at Les Sagnes and been disappointed (cold potatos with the raclette), once at Crepes a go go which I thought was overpriced and once at Le Cellier when the chef did deign to make me an omlette (nothing veggie on the menu). I would consider €12 an expensive meal though ....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy