Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1-1 instructor Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Can anybody reccomend a 1-1 instructor in Tignes? Only looking for 1-2 day's in February.

Thanks
Shane
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chect2000, There's a snowhead called Stewart Woodward perhaps you should send him a PM.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bryan Hogg who is based Sainte Foy Tarentaise is great PM me for his contact details
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fizz, yep I've been taught by Bryan before too, very nice he is, a true gentleman and very patient. A good ski teacher.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If SW is busy then he will be able to put you in touch with the excellent Rorie Scott.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Also Rupert Goldring based in Val d'Isere, but it's easy to ski over and meet him - that's what we did last year. Mountain Masters is the ski school. He's very good if you like to do race stuff and an all round very nice chap.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi
Does anybody have contact details for Stewart Woodward?? If so could you please PM them to me.

Thanks Shane
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chect2000, not apart from sending him a Private Message through this board, however he does I believe work out of the ESF office in Lavachet, Tignes and I think Rorie works out of the Val Claret one, so you may get them there but perhaps not in the summer. I am sure Rorie told me he spends a lot of time at the Gloucester dry slope when in the UK, so you could try that avenue too - not so far from you in Hereford.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chect2000, I'll second Rorie Scott my other half and I had a great lesson with him last April.I organised it by PMing Stewart woodward on here.From what Ive heard on the board, Stewart Woodward is not on here much in the summer but if you message him in November I'm sure he'll get back to you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd recommend Nick from Ski Focus - amazing progress in a very short space of time.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly, I saw Rorie over there (at Gloucester) the other week when I went over for my shadowing. I/m not sure how often he goes in the summer months. Think he lives in Stroud.

chect2000, I live in Hereford too! Welcome to Snowheads.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chect2000, Stewart has a email address as his signature on his posts. Its tigneskiing@fsmail.net

You could try emailing him on that because he doesn't get on here very much in the summer as others have said.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could have a look at www.ski-instruction-tignes.co.uk.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi guys, as many of you say i don't get on here much during the summer but i will be back in Tignes from October for the season. Have replied to many pm's today so hopefully answered all your questions.

If anybody is in Tignes next week and fancies a quick ski in the morning before golf in the afternoon and the wine festival in the evening, drop me a line.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and try not to get too depressed with the price of flights Sad At least one person who used to post on here will be happy as there will be less flights.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has anybody got any further contacts for this?
snow conditions
chect2000, what do you mean by "this" - contacts for what - someone other than Stewart??

Alpine Logic has posted a link for you to try.
latest report
chect2000, you could also try Stuart Bernard, we had him as our Intructor on our snoworks course, he made our lessons very enjoyable . Very Happy

http://www.skifocus.co.uk/
ski holidays
stewart woodward, that would be fewer flights wink
snow conditions
Well i cannot believe we are in the credit crunch. I have money waiting to book this instruction and no one from the above will return my phone calls even on there mobiles. Confused Skullie

So i think it's best if i try some different folks. Maybe they will get back to me. Any more idea's of any contact's please??
snow report
chect2000, Kev (head instructor) at Evolution 2 - I had 2 brilliant lessons with him the other week.

i think the problem you are having is that not many folk are around in the summer and may not be getting your messages, that was a problem I had trying to get hold of stewart.

Kev is working all autimn so you should be able to get him. If you aren't succesful try contacting chalet Les Melezes in Tignes (the Mountain Sun folk) - they know the evolution people very well and could get hold of Kev for you.
ski holidays
chect2000, if you PM me I'll pass it on to either Rory or Stuart Barnard - I'm out in Tignes next week with Rory and dong a course with Stuart so name your preferred instructor (or both) and I'll be your messenger Toofy Grin

EDIT, sorry it was Stuart Woodward you mentioned not Barnard (was tired when I wrote this) but have passed on details to Rory.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 23-10-08 21:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Another vote for Kev at Evolution 2. Great instructor.
ski holidays
chect2000 wrote:
Well i cannot believe we are in the credit crunch. I have money waiting to book this instruction and no one from the above will return my phone calls even on there mobiles. Confused Skullie

So i think it's best if i try some different folks. Maybe they will get back to me. Any more idea's of any contact's please??

Well Stewart himself came onto your thread and said he just answered his PMs. Was that no good?

snowball, stewart said he had replied to MANY pms (not all) - when we were trying to contact him he answered my pm but not another snowhead's.
ski holidays
I would again suggest Stuart Bernard. He is a BASI 1- highest attainable level in Bristish system - so he really knows his stuff. Send him an e-mail: stuart@skifocus.co.uk or call him on 00 33 (0)6 17 06 81 88.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy