Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap hol avail for solo female to Alpe D'huez on March 6

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My partner can't come on the ski trip we have organised to Alpe D'huez on 6 March and it's too late to get a refund. However, we can do a name change on the ticket so if anyone fancies a cheap hol to Alpe D'huez for a week departing from Gatwick South on 6 March, let me know.

It's a Thompson's holiday, staying at the chalet hotel Les Cimes (rated 3T). Just need to be willing to share a twin room (ensuite) with me. The original cost was £660 each (gulp!) - but would be willing to accept any reasonable offers. There are 5 of us going (plus an 8 year old...) and the adults range in age from late twenties to mid-thirties. In terms of ski-ing ability there are a couple of almost complete beginners; an intermediate and a couple of advanced intermediates. There's a SCGB rep in Alpe D'huez who I was planning to ski with for at least part of the week.

Any takers???
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OOOhhhhh - soooo tempting Very Happy
Now, do I think the other half would mind.... Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linda,
Can you fill us in on what the hotel is like when you get back please, we've just booked for there for next year and would like to know a little about the hotel. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David, you were after info on Les Cimes - it's about a 5 min walk from the centre of the town, 2 mins to the 'lobster pots' which take you (slowly) up to the main lift area. Free buses stop near the hotel if you don't fancy the lobster pots.

The hotel itself is fine - not plush, but perfectly adequate. I had a triple room which was reasonably spacious. Good sized bathroom with looovely deep bath - and there was tons of hot water. Food was fantastic - was expecting pretty basic food for a chalethotel, but it really was excellent - the chefs got dragged out of the kitchen at the end of the week and given a round of applause! Hope you get as good chefs next year. There were a couple of choices of starter and dessert and about 3 choices of main every evening. The wine that came with the meal was okay too.

There's a bar in the chalethotel and there are other bars and restaurants just a minute or two from the hotel. Along with a cashpoint, mini-market, post office etc.

There were loads of kids at the hotel - so hope you're either going with kids or are kiddie-tolerant.

If there's anything you particularly wanted to know that I haven't mentioned, just let me know. Oh, if you fancy doing something a bit different on the chalet staff's night off, I'd recommend the Chalet Lac du Besson - it's a restaurant up on the mountain which picks you up from the bottom of the hill in a piste basher and drives you 'bout 15 mins up the mountain for dinner (and back again, obviously!).

Hope you have a good holiday next year - I had a great time and am already wondering whether I can get another 'fix' in before the end of the season!

Linda
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy