Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just wondering if anyone knew of any companies that do transfers between Geneva and Tignes, going there the start of December. The easiest way for us to get there is Easyjet Edinburgh-Geneva but this flight gets in to Geneva at 10.15am and leaves at 10.45am the following saturday. The company we have booked with may be able to provide transfers but probably not for the return leg. the other option is to stay an extra night in Geneva.

Have looked ta hiring a car but it looks to be around £150 for the smallest model and there are only 2 of us and we would rather not drive. Would be happy to take the train but that doesn't look easy either. Any Suggestions???

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i did a diy transfer which involved bus, train and another bus, and cost about £35 one way. I really enjoyed it though, went through stunning scenery, and although door-to-door was about 5 hrs, it didnt feel like it. It was all very easy and efficient. I'd also recommend a stopover in Geneva, not much to do, but a nice walk around the lake, and breaks up the travelling a little bit, train to airport is about 10mins if that, and there are plenty. Plus, if you stay in Geneva you get a free transport pass anyway which can be used on anything. Mind you, when i was in Geneva it was gloriously hot, after a May break in Tignes, not sure what it would be like in Dec.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hodude, Any recommendations on a hotel/guest house close or in the centre of Geneva? Doesn't have to be anything posh, just clean and central?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
try alp-line or ats transfers - both licsenced.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a stop over in Geneva on the way back form Zermatt at New Year, EVERYTHING is shut on a sunday.

I stayed in Hotel Admiral which was walking distance from train station and quite cheap.

Hodude, where did you get the bus to from Geneva, sorry being a bit lazy but I am a bit organised out, have organised so many holidays in the last wee while.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nickster wrote:
try alp-line or ats transfers - both licsenced.

alp-line want €600 and ats want £600, thanks tho Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Geneva to Tignes by car is about 2-2.5 hours drive. Your difficulty will be any public transport for the return leg, getting you back to Geneva by 9am for your 10.45 flight. I wouldn't rule out car hire. The following link has been pasted on snowheads before and usually gives a 15% discount. If hiring, remember to use the Swiss (not French) side of Geneva Airport (cars equipped with snow tyres, already taxed for the motorway, easier/quicker to get to the airport).

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mogs wrote:
Hodude, Any recommendations on a hotel/guest house close or in the centre of Geneva? Doesn't have to be anything posh, just clean and central?

As you come out the train station which is central, you will see a lot of signs for different hotels which included best western, and other reputable brands (sorry can't remember), all very similar in standard and rates. Head down the pedestrian road where the shopping is, and there are a lot of hotels on the side streets branching off the main drag. The main drag takes you all the way down to the lake, and is only a short walk. A lot of hotels either side.

As there's so many to choose from, head for the tourist office, which is in the large library type building (the post office) at the bottom of the pedestrianised bit, before the lake, and ask them to book you a hotel nearby. They will all be similar standard and price, and you actually get it cheaper via the tourist office, i did anyway.

I stayed at Hotel Cristal, perfectly central, and 2mins from train station. It was clean and comfortable. Don't bother with breakfast option, go to the cafe's in the morning.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lynseyf wrote:
I had a stop over in Geneva on the way back form Zermatt at New Year, EVERYTHING is shut on a sunday.

I stayed in Hotel Admiral which was walking distance from train station and quite cheap.

Hodude, where did you get the bus to from Geneva, sorry being a bit lazy but I am a bit organised out, have organised so many holidays in the last wee while.

I actually blagged a free transfer from Geneva to Tignes, but took the public transport route back to Geneva, so do this in reverse...

From Tignes, i took the local coach, Autobus Martins. Timetable from tourist office, Maison de Tignes. The coach takes you to Bourg St Maurice train station, and was 13,10euro per person. Then at train station ask for a ticket to Geneva, then jump on the train which goes to Chambery, enjoy the scenery. At Chambery you will be transferred onto a bus to Geneva, cost was 30euro per person. You get dropped off at the bus station which is next to the train station, then there are plenty of trains to the airport (10mins). There is very little waiting around between journeys, so you are always moving, eg bus to BSM, 15mins before train to Chambery, then straight onto bus to Geneva.

As i say, was all very efficient and pleasant, compared to our public transport network in UK.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lynseyf, always remember that internet booking systems are 'DUMB'! The direct train routes 'tween Geneva and BsM are a long -winded pITA but if you try Geneva to Lyon - Lyon to BsM, you'll have more options and at least an hour's less journey time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hodude, Thanks. Just checked and The Cristal has vacancies for under £40pp. Looks ideally situated too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy