Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff v Les Arcs...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to les arcs this season and will be going to Banff next. Has anyone been to both? Can anyone compare the two?

I'd especially like to know what the runs are like in comparison... I did most of the on piste stuff in Les Arcs and enjoyed it all (though I found the mogul runs a little difficult!), how do the runs in Banff compare?

Ta!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to both but crikey - how do you compare two different resorts in two different continents?

There will be some easy runs, some more difficult runs and some really difficult. Howsabout that? Very Happy

If you haven't been to Canada before there is more skiing off the actual pistes - and sometimes it may not be all that obvious where the piste starts and ends.

Basically, if you like Les Arcs I'm sure you'll like the skiing in Banff. Join up either with the 3 day Club Ski programme - bit of tuition, bit of touring round the 3 ski areas. Or hook up with the resort hosts, who do free guided tours round the mountains.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smudger, if you don't like steep bumps avoid the "Big Chair" at Norquay.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
smudger, that's like comparing Jackson Pollock to Stubbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha Razz

Thanks for the responses...

I know it was a bit of a daft question!

All I really wanted to know was if I'd be a bit dissappointed in the gradient and length of the slopes in Banff (sunshine and lake louise) when compared to european resorts. From what I was looking at it looks fairly flat but I'm hoping there is some on piste excitement to be be found.I don't think I'm good enough to take on Delerium Drive yet!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smudger,

Not been to Les Arcs , but been to SShine & Lake Louise. It will be properly cold in Canada and the Scenery is spectacular. Quieter pistes and generally better, drier snow. However, I would imagine relatively small compared to Les Arcs.

Enjoy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
smudger wrote:
All I really wanted to know was if I'd be a bit dissappointed in the gradient and length of the slopes in Banff (sunshine and lake louise) when compared to european resorts. From what I was looking at it looks fairly flat but I'm hoping there is some on piste excitement to be be found.I don't think I'm good enough to take on Delerium Drive yet!

Crikey - not the bits I try to avoid! Where's Alexandra these days?? She likes the steep and deeps if I recall and is very keen on Lake Louise. Although there isn't the same vertical as in Les Arcs, that is typical for a lot of N American resorts. And from the top to the bottom of LL is quite a thigh-burning stint! There will be plenty to keep you amused don't worry! If you come back disappointed I'll eat my proverbial hat Toofy Grin

If you don't ski off-piste it would be a good place to take some lessons and learn - there's some good double blacks off the back bowl at LL, apparently.

If the snow is good, don't forget Norquay (pronounced Nor-kway, not Norkey wink ) especially on a week day. It can get busy at the weekends as the local race teams train there. Slopes are steep but short there but some good fun to be had
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smudger, Sunshine is flat. Lake Louise is my favourite-Norquay (as cathy says Norkway!!!!!) comes 2nd. Delirium dive is over hyped, there are runs far steeper at the Horse and they are just standard marker piste runs. Norquay is excellent for blasts down the pistes. Lake Louise has some uber steeps-my favourite being ER 6 (now fallen angel).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy