Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes or L2A?

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like the weather will crap out on me for my weekend zermatt trip so I'm looking at french places, austria is either closed or miles away. L2A or tignes is only 2 more hours drive.

What's better, tignes or L2A, and will the peasants attack a swiss car?

I'm a snowboarder who likes to meet nobody, and skiers do my head in, as do other better snowboarders and park rat gangsta knobs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, sounds like your f*cked to me mate. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

and skiers do my head in, as do other better snowboarders and park rat gangsta knobs

Pretty much everyone then.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

and skiers do my head in, as do other better snowboarders and park rat gangsta knobs

Pretty much everyone then.

you got it Very Happy I even annoy myself.

Does anyone know which is better for summer sliding? At this rate I'll just risk the zermatt weather and go there, bloody frenchies.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Chill Factore?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
where's that?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Manchester Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, They'll both be busy, but we have a bigger snowpark! LDA is also much friendlier and has real locals. More like what you're used to. Say hello if you come (my phone number is on the website). Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, do you know if there's a campsite? I feel like slumming it in a tent for a change. I can't make any sense of the websites.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, no campsites in resort, but one near Venosc (access to resort by cablecar) and several in Bourg d'Oisans. I like this one: http://www.alarencontredusoleil.com/ Family-run site, about 70 emplacements in total, nice pool, walking distance into town.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, Campsite looks great, but you'd be stuck without a car . This one isn't in Venosc, right ? where one has connection to L2A with cable car ? When l come, with tent , it'll prob. be on the coach/bus.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clare mcbride, no, it's in Bourg d'Oisans. This one's at Venosc http://www.champ-du-moulin.com/en/welcome.html but I wouldn't like to say whether or not it's within walking distance of the telecabine.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard, lt will be Smile Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, Champ-du-moulin looks very nice. Any thoughts on campsite La Cascade, also in Venosc ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, def L2A for you !
snow report
clare mcbride, Yes, it is walking distance - about 400m or so but all uphill. Fine if you leave skis at the glacier and carry your boots, less enchanting if you don't! You'll still have a bit of a hike from the top of the cable car to the Jandri. The campsite is fine, we stayed there for about 3 weeks last year - next door pool is nice and there's a small cafe/restaurant on site that serves reasonable food at reasonable prices......and a really nice restaurant in Venosc village, the 'something' de la vie I think which was also pretty reasonable on the cost front.
latest report
clare mcbride, looking at the map, Champ du Moulin will be closer.
snow conditions
Annie, Lizzard, Thanks a lot Smile
latest report
clare mcbride, Cascades is definitely further over IIRC it's across the Veneon (?) and definitely firmly in Bourg d'Arud rather than Venosc. It's significantly more basic than Champ du Moulin which has a very good shower/toilet/washing up block with a big drying room .........which if you get the weather we had last year (good for topping up the glacier, not so much fun in the valley) you may well be grateful for!!!
snow conditions
Good point - we've had a significant amount of pishing rain so far this summer. Amusing for a night or two in a tent, but starts to get tiresome after that, especially in the absence of drying facilities.
latest report
stab, If you really want to slum it there's a 'real' campsite at St Christophe with hardly any facilities and a nice streamside, very rural setting. You'd have to drive back down to Venosc to go up to the glacier though. I knew some peeps who went there and loved it (washing dishes in the stream etc.) I believe they have loos, and maybe a shower .... There's also one at Le Freney d'Oisans just down the mountain about 10K on the road up. Nice pitches, bar etc. but no pool. Very Happy

Annie, I think Cascades is the big one in Bourg D'Oisans on the right of the road up to Alpe d'Huez ...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy