Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 7-14th & 14-21st 2009 - LDA: Older or more cautious novices/improvers

Poster: A snowHead
bump again as I had someone asking about this week and advised looking at the thread.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Places are filling up well now so if you're thinking about it, don't dither for too long! Come on, you know you want to commit to it!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly, Another one for your class 1 in the first week. I'll be sending you an email. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bump Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, is it mentioned on your website? I know you said you were going to do that, but I can't see it there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, there's a big banner on the index page saying 'special courses' or something like that - click and it takes you to the page .....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bump Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi easiski and Butterfly,

I'm Stevos's better half! So now that we have booked the trip, how is it best for me to book the lessons?

Really excited about the trip and can't wait to learn. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Annabel.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chocolatebox, welcome to SH and look forward very much to meeting you in March! You need to be in touch with Easiski to book the lessons - probably best to send her a PM. I will amend the 1st post in this thread to put your name in it too!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocolatebox, Either send me a PM or better still email me, and we'll sort it from there. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We now only ghave 1 place left in each class for the first week - level 0 - level 1 (gentle) - level 2/3. for the second week we do still have room in level 0.5/1 (3 places), so if anyone has friends or relations who have skied once and either given up or been injured this is ideal for them. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Belated Happy Christmas to one and all and best wishes for a brilliant New Year! Just so you know I still exist.....I now know that the week of March 7th-14 is out for a whole week as I have to be in Plymouth for Thurs 12th. Still haven't had all the dates for which I am waiting. But suspect that a full week won't be feasible. But if I can make it to ski with you before/after lessons on a few days I will be a very happy person - and if I can make it and get a lesson with easiski, I will be even happier Very Happy I could do with the exchange rate improving too but maybe Christmas wish lists can come true occasionally....Meanwhile off to see my mum tomorrow in Spain so hopefully the Sierra Nevada winds won't increase for the next few days Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Late starter, Oh that's excellent that you may be able to join us for at least some of the time - I am there 7th-21st! Is there no way that Plymouth can be rescheduled or covered by someone else?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Late starter, Is it also impossible for 14 - 21? There is space in the class with Butterfly, that week. Very Happy Enjoy your visit.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, Butterfly, Thanks for the encouraging comments! Spain had great snow and consequently I think the whole of Granada province was there on Tuesday - 6km jam into resort rolling eyes Bus took extra 50 minutes........Plymouth is a must I'm afraid - its part of some work I'm comitted to. Its really now seeing which other dates get tied up - or rather hoping none do! Will update once it all becomes clearer Very Happy
snow conditions
Late starter, get your reservation in for 14-21st a bit quick! Tell them at work how vital a commitment it is Wink
latest report
Late starter, The second week would be much better for you, and Clare McBride will be there too. Your family are big enough to look after themselves for a week. Very Happy
snow report
Butterfly The problem is dates/venues/personnel for judging a competition - a logistical nightmare out of my control - so keep those fingers crossed Very Happy easiski Tom should be in Essex, but Dave is due to be climbing I have just spotted - Sam is very independent but suspect leaving him for a week might be frowned on Very Happy Very Happy Will work on a few days at the beginning of the week. Is Lutins full and does one book by phone if I can get plans ready?
ski holidays
Late starter, I can book you in. If there's no room at that inn I'll find something else. 2 are staying in Les Melezes and 2 in the Aalborg + twinnies in their apartment. Very Happy I don't suppose you can bring Sam with you?
snow report
easiski,

I've just stumbled across this thread - well, it's only been going 6 months - rolling eyes Embarassed and I feel it might be right up my street - I ski like an old woman anyway so I should fit right in wink

On a good day, I'd be a 'level 3' according to the scale on p1 (unless you care to tell me otherwise, of course) so I guess week 2 would be ideal but I'm sure I wouldn't be out-of-place in a level 2/3 class.

Do you still have space available?

PS I think I'll drop you a PM as well as registering an interest here
ski holidays
Red Leon, PM received and replied to. Very Happy

What's left?I place in each of the following classes in the first week: class 0, class 1, class 2/3
2 places in class 2 second week and still 3 places for class 1 second week. Class 3 is full.

so we need 3 more people (for week 2) who've maybe skiied one week and not done terribly well, or have given up half way through or been injured. Alternatively one other older beginner who has completed 1 week but being older has progressed a bit more slowly. These people do exist, let me know if you know any of them. Very Happy
latest report
The Lutins hotel in Les Deux Alpes is used by a lot of snowheads - and I have been asked detailed questions about it. I think these pictures of a room, and a ski locker, will answer most queries.

Other points:

No hair dryer in room - but if the ladeez (and admin) asked Cathy, she may well be able to help.

My room has a balcony.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel (I fond in had to log in with IE rather than Firefox, - but could use Firefox once logged in).

I am being charged only €3 per night extra for single occupancy.

Bed and Breakfast - no evening meal served.

This is the 3rd time I have been here, I think - I like it a lot. The hotel is the best located in the resort, IMV, it has everything I need, the bar has a delightful French ambience, and Cathy the owner is very pleasant.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 13-01-09 22:59; edited 2 times in total
latest report
achilles, um says I can't look at that page?? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Late starter, thanks. Hope that's sorted, now - let me know if not.
ski holidays
Late starter, hang fire, Just sorting out permissions now
snow conditions
Late starter, I crave your indulgence. The link should now work.
latest report
Link works for me now achilles. Very Happy
latest report
achilles, thank you!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles, Sorry was off trying to find a not too exhorbitant flight to visit Annie & family soonish Very Happy Tomorrow can think about this again but am inspired by photos! Very Happy
ski holidays
It looks as though the last place for the class 2/3 in week 7-14th has now been filled by Red Leon to be fully confirmed of course. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, great news! Welcome aboard Red Leon!
snow report
Butterfly Thanks, Captain!

easiski wrote:
It looks as though the last place for the class 2/3 in week 7-14th has now been filled by Red Leon to be fully confirmed of course. Very Happy

Sorry to be pedantic (it's in my nature Embarassed ) but before I book my flights, I just want to make sure the dates are actually 8th - 15th (Sundays) as per p1 and not 7th to 14th (Saturdays) as above.

Edit: I've just looked at p1 and realised the dates quoted are Sunday 8th to Saturday 14th which has confused me completely! What days are we supposed to travel - Sunday / Sunday or Sunday / Saturday? I had assumed it was Sunday / Sunday as that's the only way to get 6 days' lessons in but I'm not at all sure now.

Puzzled
ski holidays
Red Leon, Travel Saturday, start skiing Sunday, go home the following Sat unless staying for 2 weeks as a couple of them are!
snow report
Red Leon, thanks for pointing out that the dates weren't totally clear in the OP - I hadn't noticed that Embarassed . I have changed them.

There are quite a few of us flying from Birmingham to Grenoble. Three of us are flying out on Sat 7th and not returning until Sat 21st. Others are doing just one of the two weeks.
snow report
Butterfly,

Well, that's a bit clearer Cool Laughing I was all set to book my flights for the Sundays

I thought Sundays were the preferred transfer day for anyone organising a DIY trip - did Sundays not suit everyone?

My only realistic flight option is EasyJet from Luton arriving Grenoble 14.45 on 7th and departing again at 15.15 on 14th. I'll book them later today Toofy Grin Embarassed Am I likely to run into anyone else on the way?
snow report
Hi Red Leon
You'll arrive a bit earlier than us - so you can book either the same Bens Bus transfer as us or an earlier one - your call! We are on the Ryanair from Birmingham that gets in around 5-ish. I can't remember the exact time, but the Bens Bus site has a list of flights & there is only the one from Brum.
ski holidays
Butterfly,

If my flight gets in on time, I'll try to get the 15.30 bus recommended by Ben's Bus website. Failing that, I'll be with you a bit later.

Just read this on another thread...

easiski wrote:
Grenoble airport is great if you fly midweek on a scheduled flight. It should be avoided like the plague on Saturdays now that the TOs use it. Midweek, it's quiet - no-one there, security is easy and quick, luggage pick up is brill.

Something to look forward to, then. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Red Leon, the poor little airport (and it is little) was getting a rather unfair hammering form Saturday peeps who've never seen it any other time! rolling eyes
snow report
easiski,

I was particularly pleased to see your suggestion that Grenoble airport should be 'avoided like the plague' on Saturdays as I had only just discovered I was going to need flights for Saturdays 7th & 14th and that they would cost twice as much as the Sunday equivalent (£60 extra) I had been planning to book rolling eyes

Nevertheless, I have booked my flights and (Inshallah) EasyJet, ATC, etc willing, I'll be in grenoble at 2.45pm on Saturday 7th March and would hope to be in the Lutins bar about 90 minutes later Cool snowHead Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Butterfly, helloooo! Madeye-Smiley Now have a flight booked at silly o'clock on Thurs 19th so cars, planes, Bens bus and Jutta permitting I hope to see you for at least an hour or so in the afternoon. Staying till Sun 22nd so hope to get 3 1/2 days skiing. Accom etc still to be sorted (thanks for your help easiski, ) but it looks like its happening Very Happy Will update when poss
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy