Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 7-14th & 14-21st 2009 - LDA: Older or more cautious novices/improvers

Poster: A snowHead
Late starter, excellent news!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Red Leon, If you can get an earlier bus than theothers you should deffo book it. To be fair to my fave airport, you don't want to be hanging around there for long on a Saturday. I'm not sure quite how we got the Sat-sat, it just happened!!!!

Late starter, Have emailed Cathy. If Lutins no good will look for alternatives.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have posted some comments on restaurants at LDA - which you guys might find useful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski wrote:
Red Leon, .........I'm not sure quite how we got the Sat-sat, it just happened!!!!

Well, just make sure it doesn't happen again! wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Getting home on a Sat gives a day to recover before having to come down to earth Monday morning though Wink

Achilles, thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly wrote:
Getting home on a Sat gives a day to recover before having to come down to earth Monday morning though Wink

It seems travelling on a Saturday increases the likelihood that you need a day to recover from the ordeal wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Right - the only space left for the first week is 1 beginner place. Other classes are full. that's not to say that others can't join that week, but just not for lessons. Also Red Leon, will need a roommate ... any guys around who want to join in that week?

there are still several places for the second week, class 1 and class 2 though, so all is not lost. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski wrote:
...Red Leon, will need a roommate ...

Easiski

Just for clarification, I did offer to share if it helped someone else save a few shekels or it made the organisation easier but my first choice would be a room to myself if such a thing exists (and the supplement's not too big) Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Red Leon, supplement for me (and I think it was standard) was a mere €3/day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles,

Thanks. I hope to get a similar deal but I guess it depends on availability...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Red Leon, therin lies the rub! Have emailed Cathy, but no reply and she's a bit confused by all this (who can blame her?) I'm not sure she has an empty room for the whole of that week, single or double, so a room-mate would mean we could get you in somewhere else close by, or S/C .... or ... or ...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, And me doing Thurs-Sunday of week 2/falling into another week I suppose will no doubt cause even more confusion. Sorry Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Will anyone from the 'Special Week' 1st week, be in L2A before lunch on Saturday 7 March? We (Richard E and Iscream) will be arriving mid morning and would love to meet up for an afternoon ski or drinks or both snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard E, would love to be there that early, but sadly we won't be there till early evening! Can't wait to all meet up! Kristof (who was at the last EoSB) will be around though and I am sure Easiski can put you in touch and she herself might be around and not too busy - you never know!

Not long now!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, never mind - look forward to seeing you again and no doubt we will all meet up for a drink on Saturday evening. Is Kristof in L2A all season as I seem to recall reading he has been skiing there earlier this month?
snow report
Richard E, yes he is - just had another lesson today. Very Happy I hope Iscream has been to Norwich ..... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
easiski, good news Very Happy Iscream has been to the dry slope twice now and has joined the Timid Ladies Club who meet for an hour every Tuesday. She finds the plastic a little weird but of course that's pretty normal until she gets used to it. Hopefully she will make some good contacts at the club and enjoy skiing with ladies who understand her concerns. We are now looking for an opportunity to get a couple of hours at Milton Keynes before March, but frankly this is easier said than done given our very hectic lives. When you next see Kristof say hello from me - we met at the EoSB last year.
snow report
Butterfly, easiski, any room on week two, even Sunday to Wednesday, level 2 ish (PMed Butterfly as well btw)?
latest report
awol, Good to hear from you. Have responded to your PM and forwarded yours to Easiski Smile
snow report
awol, glad to have you on board - it's going to be really good fun. Very Happy
latest report
awol, I take it you will be along for week 2, sorry I'll miss you. Sad
snow report
Richard E, likewise. Enjoy week 1 and leave us some snow Smile
snow conditions
Butterfly, easiski, Mr LS keen to join me for the end of week 2 as his climbing partner is no longer available! Have pm'd Easiski in first instance. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Late starter, that's good news!
latest report
Late starter, Have replied - hope he's onboard. Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, As yet reply hasn't arrived - will check later but if you have a copy could you forward please. Is there often a lag like this? Have logged out and in and still no joy.Technology huh! rolling eyes Very Happy
snow report
Late starter, that's very wierd as it was in my sentbox which means it's gone and been received AFAIUI. Shocked I've copied and pasted and sent again.

Red Leon, did you get yours?
snow report
easiski, second time lucky! Thanks. Update later Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:
Red Leon, did you get yours?

Yes, thanks Laughing
ski holidays
Richard E, Myself and chocolate box are flying into Grenoble at 9 something the Saturday morning from Gatwick, are you on the same flight? I'd be happy to get the odd run that afternoon under my belt but Annabel's a newbie so may have to spend a portion of the time at the bottom sorting her out with equipment, and i imagine i'll be heavily snowballed upon my return if i leave her without finding a suitable hot chocolate station/bar with a balcony and sun first.....
latest report
stevos999, we are doing the civilized travel thing this time, avoiding airports and taking the train. We shall stay in Grenoble overnight on Friday and bus to L2A first thing Saturday morning arriving about 10am. So we will have the day for getting our snow legs again - probably staying in the village on the free lifts or possible getting a half day pass for the afternoon.

What time do you arrive in L2A? I am guessing that it will not be before midday by the time you get through the airport and sort your transfer. We would be very happy to meet up for lunch and ski with you both in the afternoon. Iscream is at level 1 so she will not want to venture too far on the first day, probably happy to stay on the nursery slopes for a while or maybe just go up to les Cretes for something very gentle.

Is Chocolate Box a complete beginner or has she skied a little? If she has never skied it might be better for her to wait until she meets easiski for the first Sunday lesson but obviously your call. Iscream would be very happy to join Annabel for suitable refreshment which might just leave a window of opportunity for you and I to get some runs together. We are staying at Les Melezes which does have a rather pleasant sun terrace Smile
latest report
Richard E, chocolate box is a complete beginner - yes, please make her wait until I get my grubby hands on her! Also please don't take Iscream to Les Cretes on Sat - the free lifts int he village will be fine for her. I'm going to start there on Sunday. Very Happy wink wink
ski holidays
easiski, no problem, we will stay in the village and play - I thought you might offer some guidance Cool wink rolling eyes

Do you know how much a half day pass will cost? I can't seem to find any mention on the website. By the way I wanted to ask about one of the top tips on your website concerning advance purchase of lift passes - are you saying that the price in resort might be or is likely to be cheaper than the price advertised on the web?
snow conditions
Well, we've finally found a ski pal for Margaret on the second week. Very Happy Why is it always this class that's so difficult to fill, when you hear so many tales of woe of people not quite making it in the first week?
latest report
Hi Butterfly and other folk,

Have e-mailed easiski and it looks as if I will be joining you for the second week. I have been looking for something like this for ages and am very happy to have found it. I am looking to fly from Manchester - is anyone else? If so, it may be possible to link up with a Ben's Bus transfer. Forgive me for being a bit ditzy, there are an awful lot of posts on this thread so I'm just trying to cut to the chase. A bit about me, middle aged, have lost most of my confidence on the slopes for no particular reason and want to get it back, otherwise happy, easygoing and outgoing and only requirement is for own pit at night. So, I just wanted to say hi to those I am hoping to and looking forward to spending a great week with Smile ,

Aneira
snow report
Aneira, that's fab news! Yes, you are in luck - there is someone flying from Manchester (She is "Glacier" on here) on 14th on a ThomasCook flight which offers its own transfer (£50 for the transfer which is similar to the Bens Bus cost). The flight leaves Man around 7am, so gets you to the resort mid afternoon. When you've got sorted reserving your place with Easiski, PM me your email address and I will put you in touch with the other lady going from Manchester so you can co-ordinate booking travel arrangements.
latest report
Aneira, I'm on the case of your room later today. Very Happy All will be well.
ski holidays
Butterfly,

Easiski is as good as her word - accommodation sorted! Just about to check Thom Cook flight availability. Now, I have found the PM section and got into it but have no idea how to use it; help! Embarassed

Aneira
snow report
Aneira, I have just sent you a PM. You should now see near the SH logo at the top centre of the page that it indicates you have a message. You should be able to reply to it in a similar way to replying to any post here. If you have any probs still, ask Easiski to pass on your email to me. It is not a good idea to post personal details on any open forum.
latest report
Butterfly,
have sent you an e-mail
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy