Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Gladiators - where from?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know where I can buy a pair of Movement Gladiators from?
I tried these in April and they were great skis. I think it was the 2007 version 92mm underfoot.
Just I don't want to buy them from the UK as I know I can get them from Europe at half the rpice they cost here.
The usual stores don't seem to have them in stock though.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might be worth dropping Noble Custom (Uk distributor) an email to see if they have any stock kicking around you can deal on. Otherwise if they are not in stock in Europe looks like you're committed to next year's model at full price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I read all the reviews and most say a true ski for experts.
Now, I may do black runs and off piste now and then but I'm not an expert by any means.
To me the skis didn't feel that unweildy! They were great on piste and off.
Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GordonFreeman,

Apart from the Gaphics it is difficult to see where or if there have been any changes btween 07 and 09. The sizes are the same

I've looked into his ski and have it on my short list. This is what I would expect.
If is supposed to be a bit of a hybrid ski so will have a TT element. This should make it ski shorter plus it may have some agility..and having a lighter weight will add to its versatility. You are still going to need a degree of skill if you are going to ski it head-height.
It is supposed to rail pistes..which I believe it will but you may have to adjust from an old skool style to get the best out of them..ie, not feeling bulky for a 92mm ski. I expect it to be up there with the new Mantra so providing you don't struggle most places, this should fit the bill.
It should be able to gun a decent slope in deeper snow without getting knocked about. The Spark..which may be a little brother..isn't quite man enough to do this in snow over the boot, IME.

If I can find a pr, I'll try them with AT bindings and maybe fit a pr of Dukes or Barrons on my purchase. I'll spend most of my time off piste, but would like the ski to be useful for those in between times, ie, not totally suck on hardpack.

If you find any online, please let me know
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
great skis, have 2 pairs, one with AT on. got 1st pair from a local pro via ebay and a second pair with AT from these dudes - great shop mountainspirit.co.uk. they may have sale prices (they would get their stock from Noble though so as mentioned above may be worth going direct, particularly considering shipping etc.)

bottero ski (google it) do movement sometimes, great prices and good service.

good luck, you wont be sorry - even at full price (older models just have the one length mine are 183, more recent model has a 193 too - 183 skis shortish but i find it perfect - I'm 5'11 and a generous 16 st)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
psssst:

http://shop.sport65.de/products/en/Sportsshop/Skis/Freeride-Twintips/Movement-Gladiator-193cm.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Next years Movement Yakka Jam, awesome hyper carver on the piste, but width underfoot and wide shovel makes it really floaty. The spark may look soft and i expected it to be really noodley when i piked it up , but ski felt stable going fast in gs turns down the hill, then floated through 2 feet of powder on the side of the piste like it was a lot wider!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:
psssst:

http://shop.sport65.de/products/en/Sportsshop/Skis/Freeride-Twintips/Movement-Gladiator-193cm.html

Eur 399 though! Ouch.
My Head Monsters + binding only came to £250
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thats the one downside to movement, they do come out more expensive in comparison to other brands. but depends where you got your sksi and what monster really. They came out really cheap in our end of season sales and managed to make them cheaper by using other bindings other than the ones they were packaged with......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jamesmay wrote:
thats the one downside to movement, they do come out more expensive in comparison to other brands. but depends where you got your sksi and what monster really. They came out really cheap in our end of season sales and managed to make them cheaper by using other bindings other than the ones they were packaged with......

The movement's came out cheaper or the Head's?
My current ones are Head Monster 72s 170 with Railflex II
They are heavy as hell though compared with longer and wider Movement's, maybe it's the binding
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the heads came out very cheap in the sales. movements are going to be expensive due to the construction and materials and the limited runs that they are made in
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eur 500 a decent price though with those bindings?
What are Look PX bindings anyway?

Is it worth getting touring bindings anyway in case I do more touring in future?
What about getting a shop to fit the binding and buying the binding cheaper elsewhere?

Also: http://www.gorila.si/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=232&language=en
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GordonFreeman, buy the best quality binding you can, ie metal not plastic. This is more important the heavier you are &/or the faster/gnarlier you ski. The Look PX range is excellent but get at least the 12 din version (if not higher) as the general rule is that the higher din models are stronger. On modern bindings there's no detrement setting the binding at the ends of the range but using an 8-16 din binding set a 9 would usually give you a stronger binding than a 2-10 din binding set at 9.

The going rate for a UK store to mount bindings on skis when neither have been purchased from them is £25.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PIMP ALERT!

JT, GordonFreeman, I've a couple of pairs of 07/08 High Society FR's left in both 179cm & 187cm at less than the Gladiator prices advertised above. Very similar (but better IMO wink ) to the Gladiator & you can try them at Xscape!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What are the Movement Freeski bindings like?
latest report
Well, Gladiator 2007 for £240 (this was the one I demoed)
OR
Gladiator 2008 for £280

plus I can sell my old Monster 72s - roughly a good amount for them after 20 days use?
snow report
Gordon - what size are you looking for, as I have a pair of 183cm Gladiators for sale, fitted with Rossignol Scratch 140 bindings. Let me know if the size sounds good, as they are in perfect nick, having been skied about 6 times all last season. They are sitting in Chamonix at the moment, but we'll worry about postage/collecting them later!

Very Happy
latest report
GordonFreeman, just in case you're worried about a newbie, GavinB is my mate - he's sorted.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy