Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl c/w Arlberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks - thinking of going to Ischgl next Feb/March. It's been on our list of 'to-dos' for ages but we keep going back to Lech. How does Ischgl compare with the Arlberg region for skiing. I love the Arlberg mainly because we can set out in the morning and head over to Zurs / Stuben / St.Anton and not do the same run twice. We also like to practice off-piste on the easier slopes.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004, Ischgl is very different. Piste wise it is a larger connected area than the lech-St Anton circuit. the slopes are generally intermediate and lack the mogul fields and itinerary runs of Lech St Anton Zurs etc. There is some great off piste and the snow does well into May but not as good as Lech. Off piste is great in Ischgl and if you are practicing then the runs over on Idalp have some great off piste to cut your teeth on. The runs into switzerland are a carvers paradise and the run into Samnaun on the far left of the piste map is a top to bottom blast.

Nightlife in Ischgl is amazing and legendary (but it can be a bit tacki and full or big-tached germans singing Hey baby by DJ Oetzi). It is more animated than St Anton and there are clubs for everyone and stacks of bars. Not that many Brits go to Ischgl so that is a bonus for me. I have stayed at a few hotels there so please pm or ask if you want some advice.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 7-07-08 15:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting thanks, I was looking for a hotel in Ischgl for a couple of families with late teenage children to entertain - any ideas?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Netballdi, The Brigitte is a great option but if the budget/requirements stretch that far then try the Solaria or the Albona. Feel free to pm me if you rquire more indepth help.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been to both Lech and Ischgl in last 3 years, and loved both. just go - I doubt you'll be disappointed. There's some reports and pics on my blog for Ischgl this March. It was epic. For example, see:

http://gortonator.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=amonth%3d4%26ayear%3d2008

and

http://gortonator.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=amonth%3d3%26ayear%3d2008

I'd happily go back to either. Great places.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nickster, I too am planning our annual group pilgrimige and this year Ischgl is top of the shortlist.
You said that you know the hotels there - could you help me out with some recommendations?
We are a group of 6, 3 couples, (well 2 actual couples and 2 chaps who get so pi$$ed each night that they don't mind sharing a room) and we like a good quality hotel with a spa area (sauna/steam), preferrably half board as is saves the hassle of finding somewhere to each each evening that everyone agrees with!
Any suggestions?
We are also planning on going late Feb/early March.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy