Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Very Cheap Ski deal to Banff 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
As me and my friends have now booked a very cheap ski deal, I thought I would pass on the info!

Departing Jan 24th 09

14 nights flight plus room only - accomms allocation on booking - we got the Inns of Banff

Manchester to calgary plus coach transfer

£449 per person based on 2 sharing

£359pp based on four sharing - the rooms have 2 double beds so booking 4 in a room you will have to be confortable with those you are sharing with !

The deal is also available with heathrow flights.

There are only a few dates available in Jan 09 and one dat for Feb 09.

Who is it with? we booked online through lastminute.com

http://www.lastminute.com/site/travel/holidays/holiday-availability.html?skin=lmnukgoogle&dim46=2&dimension45=-1&destText=&maxOffset=0&children=0&adults=2&searchType=basic&dim14=-1&depDay=0&expandThreshold=5&productId=405665354&sourceType=1&minChildAge=2&maxResults=10&childAge0=-1&childAge1=-1&childAge2=-1&childAge3=-1&childAge4=-1&childAge5=-1&maxChildAge=11&depAirportGroup=-1&dimension5=-1&dimension0=Ski+%26+winter+sports&discount=0&dateRange=20090101-20090131&depMonth=1&dimension23=Canada&durationRange=-1&sortBy=0%2C1
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi all, Just checked that Link and found that the prices have now started to go up, was £449 now £499!

buy them quick.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mark handford, Seems like a good deal. Better take your woolies.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The company who the offer is with are Inghams. Yes I will wrap up warm, just got the time consuming task of getting the best lift pass deals now Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mark handford, Seems good, Inns of Banff is a decent enough hotel I stayed there a couple of years ago. There has been a thread running recently on Banff lift pass prices if you do a search.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
£449 on a 2 share for a fortnight is a steal - It'll be a struggle to beat that as a flight only this winter with fuel surcharges.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mark handford, I paid £530 through Thomsonski, fly out on the 29th Jan. Best lift price I can get at the moment is £289 for 11 days through Thompsonski. We are also staying at the Inns of Banff.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
'Inns is nice enough. First hotel for bus stop which is a bonus.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed at the Inns with Inghams this April for a disgustingly cheap price! By the description you will stay in the "Swiss Village" bit which is seperate to the main building but you can use all facilities, hot tub, restaurant etc. No problem with location, first stop on the bus route in Morning and evening, plus free shuttle bus into main town - but its ony 10-15 mins walk anyway. No complaints to be honest - absolute bargain......apart from the flight which is where you get what you pay for!!

Inghams use Monarch who are the worst airline on the planet - tiny cramped plane, crap service and staff - but I don't care, it's a means to an end to get you to Banff which is a great area. Enjoy - just grin and bear the flight, the rest is quality. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awesome deal, shame I can't book it now!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Robbof - Yea I had heard that Monarch were crap, but like you say, so long as you and your kit get there! I noticed in the small print about ski carriage that its £15.00 return but they do mean skis and poles only, no other kit can be packed in the bag? unusual since most flights state that the maximum weight of a ski bag is 30kg as that is the maximum weight that staff are allowed to pick up under HSE guidelines. Did you take your own skis? and if so did you cram the bag full of kit.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mark, we did not pay any carriage in advance and there was no question at the airport. They took it without charge...

I took a double wheelie board bag - contained 2 boards, 2 pair bindings, 2 pair boots, 2 board pants, tools, thermals etc. Just don't go mad and overload the bag because they will hammer you on the weight... If you don't go crazy they will not ask questions, I find this with all airlines ref: ski/board bags...

I would happily stay at Inns/Swiss village again and the overall area is awesome. Deer wandering around in the street etc, plenty of bars/restaurants. With regard to skiing, Sunshine is cool, just make sure you get stuck into Goats Eye mountain early in the morning if the snow is good before the crowds come after lunch - we had the whole thing to ourselves for 2 mornings with powder over the knees in April Happy

Lake Louise - fantastic, check the snow on the morning you want to go by ringing the ski shop in town - number in room - just go where the snow is best at the time but make sure you get to Lake Louise at least a few times, the terrain is great. We did not ride Norquay as the rumours were not to bother but if you have the time and the snow you may as well check it out...

Have a good one - Robbo Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy