Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another question for the Zookeepers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought my boots end of season (spring) 07. After the initial fitting, skied one week in spring in it perfectly happy. Put it away till Decmeber of 07...

On day 1 of the 07/08 season, my feet hurt like never before and my big toe got black! It was -15~20 degrees, BTW.

I hurried to a well regarded bootfitter at the resort. And he told me he LOWER THE FOOTBOARD to make extra room in my toe box. It was better though not perfect. Then, the temperature went back up to a more tolerable 0~-10 range. Everything was fine again.

Until spring, that is...

The last 2 weeks of this season, I was skiing at +10~15 degree slushy snow. And I notice my feet were SIMMING in that once too tight boot!!!

So, my boots are fine mid-winter, around zero degree weather but too tight when it's really, really cold. Then way too big in late spring!

Is that normal? Is there anything that can be done about it?

And about that "lowering the footboard" thing, is that something that could it be done easily on my own? If so, maybe I can adjust that to accomodate the temperature range?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 1-07-08 17:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
abc, maybe your feet were just sweating profusely.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
abc, how much space do you have in the shell...you know the drill, liners out, feet in toes just brushing the front, how much space is there behid your heel

sounds like the boot could be a little big and as you used the boot more it has packed down or allowed your foot to move around, the physical length is not the only thing, volume of the boot around your foot is also critical
the boot board lowering.... you can't lower it without the tools to grind material off, but i supose you could add a layer of material to fill the space where material had been removed...still sounds big to me
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Space behind the heal was normal. It's the temperature dependent part that bothered me. I can see they might change a little tiny bit. But now I'm reluctunt to take up the space, for fear I have a repeat of the blacken toes when temperature goes below -10.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy