Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dads and Lads Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Six dads all have one or two sons. This will be our fourth year with them and they are improving quick! we want to go somewhere to really get their confidence up, so we're looking for an area with plenty of wide and long blue and red super groomed motorways. But at the same time some tougher stuff,so not to get bored. Thought about 3v's but so expensive (maybe la tania) or Alpe Duez if my memory serves me right. Cervinia has this,but am i right in thinking it's all a bit the same in Cervinia? Where can you snowheads suggest?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andyjc, Flachau - Ski Amade or anywhere in that area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty...I went to Schladming last March with and was seriously giving it a thought for jans lads and dads trip, it was fairly tough skiing on the reds as we got slushy moguls by the afternoon...height/temps shouldn't be a problem in Jan though...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyjc, Sallbach plenty to keep everybody busy and plenty to do after the days skiing is done. Enjoy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpe d'Huez, which you mention above, would fit well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
France ADH would fit so would serre chevalier, 3Vs,La Plagne/Les Arcs
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think ADH has a lot of terrain at either extreme - lots of greens and lots of blacks - but not as many 'motorway' blues or reds as other resorts. I'd personally look at La Plagne (more blues) or Les Arcs (more reds). Saalbach in Austria has a lot of blue/red terrain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andyjc, you could do worse than to look at Espace San Bernardo, La Rosiere and La Thuile, some really good skiing with great value prices and the added bonus of skiing in France and Italy. If you're looking at January we can offer terrific value and kids discounts of up to 50% have a look at our website ww.tracksvacations.com for details.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyjc, Have a look at www.mountainheaven.co.uk they cover La Plagne and La Rosiere and the lesser known (to the UK market) Les Sept Laux Very Happy
WWW.ernalow.co.uk also have superb deals and special offers although not as desperate as 50% wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Montgenevre in the French alps has loads of blues and reds. Snow sure at 1800m which is a confidence building resort with some difficult stuff thrown in. It is much cheaper than the 3 Valleys etc. Its not as big, but it is linked to the Milky Way (400km), which is mainly in Italy.

You might want to check out www.go-montgenevre.com

I used them this christmas and was rather impressed.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andyjc, our two sons were in their first year out of ski school this past season (3rd year skiing) and LOVED La Tania. It's possible to get from the 'very top' as they called it, to the village, on blues and greens, or reds and blacks, or a mixture thereof. You don't say how old the boys are, but ours - at 13 and 8 - had loads of fun sledging on the village centre slopes, whilst we had a Happy Hour beer and watched them (all very compact in LT centre). Big thumbs up for our whole group ranging from the boys to +28 years of skiing (moi!) snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another vote for Les Arcs. Took my son there - had one of the best skiing holidays of my life.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have done two trips to ADH as almost lads and dads, i.e. males, wide range of abilities and ages, and it fitted that bill brilliantly. There are plenty of blues and greens, but there are plenty of longish red/blues and some do-able blacks, notably the Sarenne. Also if you are super confident you can do the Tunnel which gives good bragging rights in the bar later.

Having done ADH twice, we are also considering Meribel, Courcheval 1650 and La Plagne for this year, with a similar brief to yourselves.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone...I've been to La Tania a few times and it is a gteat base for 3v's and the blue back is one of my favourites. Looking for loads of those wide motorway pistes with fantastic grooming,trying to advance them away from skidding to carving now.I'm told les arcs and la plagne would be good, for some reason i've never been. What's Cervinia and Flaine like? Keep suggestions coming,I'll consider them all. Cheers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy