Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix at end of March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just about to book 3 days skiing in Chamonix at the end of March. Does anyone know if there is generally good snow in the area that late in the season?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
End of March? What century did you last ski in? wink The good skiing starts around then these days.

Yes, it will be plentiful. Especially on the 22nd when I predict a 34cm snowfall down to 1672m

In all seriousness Shocked Chamonix offers great skiing right through to June on a good season, you'll be fine...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent. Thats what I thought. Booking a long boys weekend, and didnt want to mess up on the resort.
If anyone knows a decent, resonably priced hotel can you let me know. Thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Drluvski, the last Chamonix lifts closed May 11 this year. If you're not fine here end March, you won't be fine in many places.

Hotels (of varying price - but who am I to judge your idea of reasonable?):

Mid Range: Vallee Blanche, Richemond, Gourmets & Italy, Aiglons, Gustavia (very noisy if you get the wrong bedroom//great apres ski so you probably will get the wrong bedroom. even if you're booked into another one//lots of attractive suedish girls in the bar, at least sometimes), Prieure

Pricier: Morgane (Very nice after a stunning refit for last winter, awesome restaurant at reasonable prices), Mont Blanc

You might find the TO useful http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=19&cate=74&liste=hotels_****&ling=en

cheap: Le Vert, Les Vagabonds (only problem here is you might share a bedroom with 20 other h@1ry @r5ed blokes)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

lots of attractive suedish girls in the bar

Girls made of suede?? Sounds interesting...... wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
for those leather fetishists
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch,
Thanks for the hotel names. Booked the flights now and probably going to go mid price in the hotel search. Looking at about £120 a night for a triple room. Does anyone know if les Houches is reliable for snow at the end of March?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Houches is the lowest area in the valley but in March I think you'd really have to unlucky to not be able to ski there in late March.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Drluvski, Les Houches will be fine in a "normal" season - cannoned to base. Townwise it is much, much quieter than Cham itself though. And a good 10 minutes from any other skiing by car. We like it though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for help. Probably going to stay in a Hotel in Les Houches called Hotel du Bois. Ski trip will then be 1/2 day in Les Houches, 1 day at le Tour, 1 day at Brevent or Argentier and last 1/2 day at Les Houches before heading backing to Geneva. Hiring a car so no problems getting about.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Drluvski, cool. Fit in at least one repas at the Marmottes at the foot of the Prarion lift. Best steak I've had in a long time, thrice. Really really good food, Pelforth brune on tap, reasonable price and great service.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mmmmmmm, sounds good. Will give it a go.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Booked the flights now and probably going to go mid price in the hotel search.

went in early april this year and snow was good (apart from first day in Les Houche where we stopped as it was closest to Geneva as we drove in), got a good deal at Hotel Prieure €70 for twin room no meals. Room was big, sauna and jacuzzi hot, breakfast good and moderately priced. Hotel is bang in Chamonix which was busy, Les Houche looked very quiet by the way.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
midgetbiker,
Thanks for the info, will check out that hotel. Sounds like a bargain.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy