Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Camera Cases

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helllo Snow Heads,

Okay i currently own a Casio Exilim EXZ1050 Camera,

i like to take it skiing with me, its currently better standard of skier than me wink

i was wondering how and what other people carry theirs in,

i currently board, and worried about falling on it in my pocket,
i would also like something where i can get at it easly, currently carry it in my camelback, this is a pain !

So What do you use and finds works best ???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having had many years of use out of their products I'd suggest you have a look at CCS (Camera Care Systems) products they offer good protection, often have a variety of attachment points and give good protection from the weather whilst still offering easy access
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My jacket has a pocket about a half way down the front zip that positions items more towards the front of me - I put my brand new camera - a small pocket digi job, in that - I had been worried about falling on it (I ski) but in the event it seemed fine with just the naked camera in its own tightly fitting vinyl wallet in this internal pocket. It also kept it warm - important for the batteries on the mountain - and worth bearing in mind with an extenal bag. I fell several times - usually onto my backside Embarassed but, it did survive me being taken out by a mad out of control oriental on a snowboard too and that caused me to fall forwards. I was pleased with being able to take the camera onto the mountain (I wasn't carrying a backpack) and it came back with some decent pictures in it Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always just stuff it in a jacket pocket , never had any problems with it and had some fantasic falls. Battery life can be a problem if its really cold but never had it run out in a day if fully charged night before. Dont even bother with it in a case so its ready for those 'opportune' moments Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"breast" pocket of my jacket. Can't imagine falling hard enough on my chest?! or at all to break it. Also if you fall in such a way on a snowboard where you will hit your chest you should be more worried about the state of your face after that plant!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My camera is my phone...I hang it on a lanyard round my neck where it's easy to get at, tucked inside my jacket, and as it's down nearer my waist level than at pocket level it's survived a fair old crash or two including a full forward double foot release superman landing chest first! (which hurt I can tell you....)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a Crumpler neoprene case for my small skiing camera. It just stops it getting damaged in your pocket without making it too bulky.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mmmmmm think the old man is comming out of me and i am worrying too much wink

okay i will give it ago in the breast pocket and see how it goes wink cheers guys wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cookie monster, never had a problem with stuff in side pockets of trousers when boarding, it's very rare you'll actually fall onto anything there: if you end up on your side the board will keep your legs in the air. I'm more worried about breaking things in my bag during the inevitable head over heels slam.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cookie monster, I had a high-speed fall on hard snow with my chunky Kyocera S3R camera in my right breast pocket. Slammed straight onto it and bruised my ribs so much that deep breathing was difficult, and for some time, turning over in bed was painful. Maybe I was unlucky - and the camera was a bit chunky, but I don't risk carrying it there, now. The camera came out fine. I keep the camera in a leather case, and tend to carry it in a hip pocket, these days. The battery does seem to lose energy quickly in cold conditions - maybe like me it is suffering from age.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy