Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luggage suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a variety of suitcases - none of them ideal, but we've made do. I can pack fairly lightly - I tend to take one really lightweight holdall and one lightweight hard shell case suitcase. However, sometimes there is more weight in one than the other and much to my annoyance, I had to re-pack my bags in the easyjet queue at Innsbruck - one bag weighed a shade of 20kg and the other about 15kg. (Not helped by husband retrieving one ski boot and wanting to stuff it in amongst the 'best' clothes).
What I'd like is 2 similar bags - sort of his and hers - so I can put my boots, ski gear, best gear in one bag and all his in the other. Theoretically, they should then weigh the same. We did have an 'atomic' holdall once but the zip fell to bits after a season's use (plus I had to fight every other Tom, Dick and Harry for my bag at the airport). What do you guys use?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought one of these after it was linked on another thread - http://www.lokker.co.uk/html/the_lokker_world_traveller.html

It was half the price of a similar Dakine one and really good quality.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski wheelie bag.

Boots go in hand luggage.

No such thing as "best" clothes - its a ski trip not a Buckingham Palace Garden Party.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, I have a ski holdall (Salomon 100L Container Bag £75 from Edge2edge last Feb). It's just brill - have used just for me, on family trip and also going on weekends at anytime. I call it 'the Tardis' as seems to take alot but doesn't look enormous. Seems to be well made though time will tell. Wish had got one earlier Very Happy

http://edge2edgeshop.co.uk/product/189/Salomon_Container_100_Bag
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, we tend t ojust buy cheap wheeled holdalls. They're often quite light and even if they only last a season, the last ones were £15 so no great pain. The Lokker kit looks good though...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dakine Split Roller-160L so pack plenty stuff in. Dakine double ski bag-takes boots and other ski gear as well.

edit for links
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=16974
http://www.facewest.co.uk/Dakine-Concourse-Double.html

Facewest actually has some pretty cool stuff what appears to be a pretty cheap UK supplier of movement gear.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am another DaKine Split Roller fan. Think mine is the size down from arv and fully laden it weighs in at around 22 kgs. It has had a real bashing over the last few years and nothing has broken or fallen off. They got it right.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, mine full is pushing 35 kilos and 2 pairs of skis+boots with some bits and pieces in the other bag weigh around 22 kilos.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Drive - take what you like Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller, The 60/40 weighs in at 6.4kg according to the website. I think it will be too big/heavy for a 20kg weight restriction. I'm not sure I see the benefit of it being 2 separate bags - then having to tie them together. Ditto the lokker one.

Lou, Looks better - I see they do one a bit smaller. I like the separate compartments. I could use the bottom one for the boots and ski gear and the top one for 'best'. fatbob, Plonker Toofy Grin Best clothes are anything other than what you ski in!!! Funnily enough I'm off to a garden party at BPalace next month.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
erica2004, I have the 160L one and could easily fill one part with more than 20 kg of luggage, on some airlines its cheaper to check 2 bags than to pay excess on one! So it can be zipped off and checked as 2 bags. Great if your carrying around a seasons worth of junk
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
80 ltr Samsonite wheelie holdall... inc boots..any more and it is too heavy and you have packed too much..IMV
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
North Face base camp duffel bags. Indestructible, come in a range of sizes and you can often pick them up at a discount on the web.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy