Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milton Keynes skier seeks gold for Ghana at 2006 Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
thank you mr sherpa

encouragement like yours fuels my desire to make it. can't wait to send the all important message confirming the 140 point mark has been breached.

thanks again snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowleopard, we particularly want to see PG eating his hat when you do!! Please, please achieve your target (and video the event when it happens!!)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray, the local patisserie does a good line in unusual cake design, made to order wink ...

Besides, the penance should be reduced to a suspended sentence, for good behaviour, I reckon Cool.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hello good people

i will be at the daily mail ski show, will any of you be there. will be wearing my new season team top. i will be bringing along the kids we are training.

i will be there on the 12th, and the 15th.

see you there snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I won;t be there, but good luck to you Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Times has an enthusiastic piece on Kwame Nkrumah-Acheampong (a.k.a. The Snow Leopard) and his unique bid for Olympic glory: click here.

For those who don't want to trawl through this vast thread it gives a very good summary of Kwame's background, training, goals and chances!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's also on page 3 Shocked And I thought Kwarme was respectable wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And a report from the BBC here.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I heard Kwame on 5-Live the other day, very good interview, he came over well and handled the questions very well. I think I'd have got a little angry over the way some of the questions were being put across, but he didn't.

Keep it up Leopard. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not much time to go now, it'll be a rush to fit in the GS's between November and the Jan deadline around Europe. Getting from the high 200s down to 140 FIS points is some challenge, I suppose it means something like going 10 -15% faster than his best to date. Can only wish him the best of luck...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4313548.stm

getting even more profile on the bbc...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Full page spread in todays Daily Mail ! Go on Kwame !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kwame has just been interviewed on GMTV along with Eddie Edwards. I couldn't help but think that the interviewers were trying to ridecule the whole thing. Despite this, Kwame came across as a man of sincerity and conviction - go Kwame.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro yep I saw that as well. snowleopard you came across very well. All the best and go back to GMTV to prove a point.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm surprised Kwame's not out on the glacier doing plenty of training at the moment! The FIS GS's start in November around Europe...
snow conditions
PG, I guess he's trying to raise his profile in order to get some more sponsorship so he can afford to do more ski practise
ski holidays
As far as I can make out, breezing the ski nooze channels each day, the Snow Leopard has made about 5 times more publicity than the entire British Ski Team. Unless I missed newspaper coverage which wasn't run on the net, the launch of our Olympic Ski Team was only covered by The Times, amongst the English papers ... and three Scottish papers.

Now, if the team of seven had been clamped to the top of a vehicle and driven around central London ...
snow report
Yes, but it's not that easy to pick up good FIS points around Europe, early season. That deadline is pretty close, and to knock at least 6 seconds off a 60 second run takes some doing. Shocked
snow report
PG Im aiming to take six seconds off my race time at the next EOSB !!! Better come over to see you for some training me thinks !
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
As far as I can make out, breezing the ski nooze channels each day, the Snow Leopard has made about 5 times more publicity than the entire British Ski Team. Unless I missed newspaper coverage which wasn't run on the net, the launch of our Olympic Ski Team was only covered by The Times, amongst the English papers ... and three Scottish papers.

Now, if the team of seven had been clamped to the top of a vehicle and driven around central London ...

I referred to this in passing here.

There is a lot of committee debate going on the moment about how to better finance and promote the sport in GB, but I find it incomprehensible that so little is being done RIGHT NOW to publicise alpine ski racing via the means the governing body has at its immediate disposal - ie its own website.

DG mentioned the recent press conference, but in this Olympic year, there is nothing at all about the progress of the elite athletes, their progress in training, their hopes and ambitions... the sort of thing that makes a website feel 'alive'.

I could go on, but... Evil or Very Mad

Don't want to run them down 'en bloc' because I'm sure most people are doing a good job in difficult circumstances, but if they'd farmed out some of the work to willing volunteers wink - the website for example - the sport would have a higher profile than it does right now.
snow report
PG, I often wonder about the competance of the people in charge of Organisations to actually do their jobs, it can come as no surprise that the British public know so little about our snowsports teams when even the official organisation makes no real effort to publicise them Sad
ski holidays
Hello guys

this past week has been a roller coaster ride. i think i am improving in terms of dealing with the media. we have had to accept invitations for press coverage to raise our profile in order to get some kind of funding to enable me get to races. we do have to train on a glacier but cant do so if we dont have the right logistics.

i am trying to avoid what happened last year when i was stuck in Meribel, and had to struggle to even get to races in val thorens. we have nearly achieved our goal and will be starting our campaign with a race in langraaf holland, indoor fis slalom.

by the way does anyone have a camper van or small deisel moto home for 2 people for sale. please imagine a small purse when you quote the sale price of one if you do have one for sale. i have had a look at ebay but thought to also seek out among my snowhead brethren.

i know that it is close, but i am convinced i can do it. why? i have a strong faith that God wants me to be at the olympics. good things have happened to me when i though all was over. i know things such as getting skis to race on for example are considered an everyday thing for ski racers, but i see it as one of my miracles, i now have some support towards transport [fuel costs] to races from airports, accommodation [in the form of subsidized prices]. this has all resulted from the publicity drummed up over the week. i do know that many people say it is a big ask to make the remaining 115 points. but trully i believe that if peoiple keep supporting me i will make it. i can only do my best as a man and leave the rest tp God to make up for my short comings as a ski racer. i have sacrificed a lot, and so has my family, manager and all my well wishers, and i am not about to let them down. its no more about me going to the olympics, its about me, my family, friends, sponsors, well wishers [snowheads etc] living my dream with me all the way till i finish that olympic course.

so the snow leopard will be on the slopes of europe. i have started this year by dropping 20 points in gs, and i aim to keep hacking away on what i see as my enemy [the FIS point listings]. all said and done, i am a pratical minded guy and would never have tried for olympic history if i did not have what it takes [the heart].

so guys we all need to shave of seconds, lets get out on the slopes and start skiing mad. for every second you shave off paul mason, i will shave off an extra half a second

catch you guys later

the leopard is out for now snowHead

i am

I do agree that it is a bit sad that the British national ski team is not pumped up on various media. i even thought i might meet some British national team skiers at the ski show, but none turned up.
snow conditions
snowleopard, Keep it up!!!! Good Luck in Holland!!! Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
Quote:

by the way does anyone have a camper van or small deisel moto home for 2 people for sale. please imagine a small purse when you quote the sale price of one if you do have one for sale.
Camper van, alps, winter............good lucksnowleopard, Sounds like you are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice and give up a nice wrm bed and hot shower. Respect.
latest report
Good luck snowleopard! I wish you all the best and hope you achieve your goal snowHead
snow conditions
snowleopard, great to hear how things are going. Good to see you're still hanging in there, and look forward to hearing about "the defeat of the FIS enemy" wink
ski holidays
Base Camp Group have announced that they are sponsoring snowleopard's training in France, in the big build-up to his Olympic dream.
Natives reports.
snow report
snowleopard,

I saw you over in Las Lenas, when the race training camps were on, in your Ghana ski kit talking to someone in some 'Scotland Juniors' kit. Best of luck
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yep

i went to south america with a group of scotish and english skiers from BARA. you should have come over and introduced yourself as a snowhead FLICKSTA. nice to know other snowheads were around. i am ready to go, will keep you posted on my results, and i know PG is always on the ball with stats.

hope to meet a snowhead at one of my races

catch up with you guys later

the leopard's out
snow report
Here's a snowHead to take with you for good luck!
snow conditions
ha ha ha

as a lucky charm David you might just be a tad bit toooooo big to carry round my neck
but all you have to do is pray for me and i should do just fine

thanks for the support

kwame
ski holidays
The Ghana Ski Team is holding "The Snowleopard Challenge" as a fundraising event for the team at Milton Keynes. The event is a timed slalom for snowbaorders and skiers, with prizes donated by sponsors.

Date: Sunday 27th November 2005 8am-12pm

Registration: £25. Phone Xscape: 0871 222 5670 or e-mail: mkevents@xscape.co.uk to register.

I do have a 5MB PDF file as a flier, which I've just failed to upload to snowMedia... e-mail me if you'd like a copy.
snow report
Ian Hopkinson, does 12 pm mean noon or midnight?? Be a long day if it's midnight wink
ski holidays
12pm is what it says on the flier - I'm assuming it means noon - I've never been any good at these things...
latest report
Ian Hopkinson, I think you're right. I reflected after posting and tried to delete my slightly flippant query - but you can't delete your own posts in snowNews. Hope it makes loads of money for Snowleopard.
snow report
I see that Kwame's fame has spread as far as the US, with Ski Racing magazine deciding to follow him this season as he works towards Olympic qualification.
ski holidays
Hello guys just came back from an eye-opener of a race. i got myself into a full on Europa cup with world cup skiers in Landgraaf Holland. though it said FIS and europa cup races, the fis race had the first run as a qualifier. unfortunately for the leopard ice was not one of the things i thought i was going to have to deal with. the course was watered with a hose and by 103 it was a lovely shade of blue/blach ice.

i went down in fantastic fashion on gate 12 and that was my day in Holland over. it has been an experience watching the top racers go about their business. i will keep working on my slalom but will as usual do more gs where i stand a better chance, and keep far far away from and Europa cup slaloms.

that is my report to you for my race opener for my season [ice rink slalom]

i am off now to do some races that i am more suited to doing [racing on a mountain on snow]

catch you guys later Confused
ski holidays
snowleopard, good luck with the GS training.
latest report
Hello PG

hope you are online at the moment. i have sent you a mail. my races in sweden where i hoped to start a bit of training before moving to Italy have been cancelled. there is not enough snow in Italy where i will be training with a coach for some time. i can be in Italy on the 17th, but would not wish to waist the time between now and then.

i will be doing about 40 races and unlike only 12 last winter season i thus stand a better chance of gaining points this season.

if the offer is still open please let me know, i will understand if it isn't and will try and make alternative arrangements

thanks kwame

i am currently trying to retrieve your mobile number

cheers Cool
snow report
snowleopard, If the worst comes to the worst I may be able to "wangle" you some accommodation here early in the season. We open on 26 November and the first 3 weeks will be fairly quiet. We may not be so well situated for getting to the races though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy